Tribunal Bias

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEXX View Post
Most of you have missed the point. I'm saying the player's honor should still be displayed to give 'judges' a better idea of the player's character, not just what they did wrong.

It was 5 games, of which 3/5 I was suffering lag issues that night, had no idea people were actually reporting me. I thought I was fairly clear that it was completely out of my control. What makes it even more amusing, is the cases I'm reported in, I'm the one being cussed at (not the other way around) yet I was the one who was reported... Wtf...
No. You have missed the point. If you are the best possible player in 99% of your games and display toxic behaviour in 1% of your games, then you deserve to be punished. There is no amount of people that you can give a super amazing gaming experience to that outweighs the fact that in 3-4 games, you gave 9 people a bad experience.

Mageinta Warrior

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun ******* View Post
Not even close to true. 2 games with 2 players each reporting you, and you're more than likely in.
Ummm... no.

SinRG

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
No. You have missed the point. If you are the best possible player in 99% of your games and display toxic behaviour in 1% of your games, then you deserve to be punished. There is no amount of people that you can give a super amazing gaming experience to that outweighs the fact that in 3-4 games, you gave 9 people a bad experience.
So you're saying your the nicest person ever in 100% of your games. Don't believe it.

And I think you're being completely unfair here. Just so I have nothing to hide here is the case: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5974592/. I really don't think I acted that bad, and this is me at my worst. In the 3rd game I had massive lag issues and couldn't even move, but the player who reported me obviously chose to ignore that even though I stated this in-game. Sad they didn't include the chat in this one.

I believe if this case was viewed objectively, alongside all the positive games I have contributed to, I would not have been punished. Maybe I'm giving the tribunal too much benefit of the doubt, though.

LogicalTautology

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEXX View Post
So you're saying your the nicest person ever in 100% of your games. Don't believe it.
Nope. I'm saying that I'm a non-toxic player 100% of the time. And if you can't make that same commitment, then you're not following the Summoner's Code.

lCantGetNoSleep

11-25-2012

Honor is a pretty bad indicator of the behavior of a player.

I haven't gotten any honor ribbons ever, but I've never received a single ban/suspension/warning from tribunal either. Other people have received all of the honor ribbons but have also gotten banned.

LogicalTautology

11-25-2012

Game One:
"Maokai [00:28:09] u wake the [eff] up and surrender
Maokai [00:28:20] dont wanna waste another sec with u"

Game Two:
"Yorick [00:18:10] wtf
Yorick [00:18:29] omg i [eff]ing hate this teemo
Yorick [00:19:41] WAKE THE [EFF] UP
Yorick [00:20:18] wow
Yorick [00:20:20] just wow
Yorick [All] [00:20:31] WOW
Yorick [All] [00:20:32] THIUS TEAM
Yorick [All] [00:20:34] ffs"

Game 3 (no chat log at all)

Game 4:
"Karthus [00:12:52] wanna feed bot any more?"
"Karthus [00:16:57] draven u are terrible"
"Karthus [00:25:47] [eff] u draven
Karthus [00:25:49] biggest
Karthus [00:25:50] kser
Karthus [00:25:51] out"

Game 5:
"Udyr [00:16:28] this is so [eff]ing dumb"
"Udyr [00:17:45] [eff] this"
"Udyr [00:18:38] [eff] OFF ryze"
"Udyr [00:19:29] cause ur a [eff]ing dick"
"Udyr [00:20:24] dude stfu"
"Udyr [00:20:46] whgy would i want to waste a second mre
Udyr [00:20:48] playing with uy nubs?"

Tell us more about how you're such an honourable player.

SinRG

11-25-2012

Taking a whole bunch of things out of contest doesn't make you right. I'd love to take a whole bunch of things you've said in your life/gaming experience and see how bad I could make you look...

All these games (minus the one I was suffering extreme lag) were the result of a losing streak and me finally losing patience with members of the team who refused to communicate, fed, and were generally toxic players themselves. I have patience for that. But when a lane feeds, tells someone to stfu when you attempt to help them, and then refuses to surrender - I call troll and my patience is lost.

But hey, never going to convince someone like you. Because you are obviously perfect and have never lost your temper or called out a bad player in a video game, ever.

Grow up and stop judging people before you judge yourself...

SinRG

11-25-2012

In fact I'll just do what you did and take a whole bunch of quotes out of context. This is from the other players included in the cases:

Taric [00:16:57] mf shut the **** up bot has been lit up like a christmastree
Miss Fortune [00:16:32] taric fking ward
Teemo [00:13:40] ****ign stupid midder
Xin Zhao [All] [00:05:13] THIS team dude
Xin Zhao [All] [00:05:38] such a bad team
Xin Zhao [00:24:42] just surredner you baddies
Kayle [00:02:39] **** off
Ryze [All] [00:12:26] stupid teemo

Udyr [00:16:28] this is so ****ing dumb
Kayle [00:16:37] if by this, you mean you. Then yes

Kayle [All] [00:18:52] Wel, GG guys
Ryze [00:18:59] im not surrendering

Everyone has bad games and everyone loses their temper. It's just what this type of game attracts. Stop acting so high and mighty and looking down at others when they slip up. You think punishing people when they slip up improves their behaviour? No, it makes them more toxic and more resentful. Why don't you, instead, reach out to them and inform them they would have a lot better time if they acted in such and such a manner? But no, you don't. You just judge from afar and slam down the hindsight.

Healz Please

11-25-2012

This was taken directly from the FAQ in the Tribunal:

6. How does the Tribunal choose who to build a case for?

The Tribunal identifies players who have been consistently negative over a large number of games.

8. How many reports put you in the Tribunal?

Typically a large number of reports are required before a player appears in the Tribunal, so if you had a bad game and are reported, donít worry! You will most likely not end up in the Tribunal.

The Tribunal does take into account the credibility of the people who file reports. If you are a positive player in League of Legends and only report when the offenses deserve it, your reports will actually be worth a lot more in the Tribunal than someone who abuses the reporting system and falsely reports lots of players.

Generally, players who follow the Summonerís Code and respect their fellow gamers should never be concerned about seeing the Tribunal.

9. Does playing more games mean I have more chances of being banned?

The Tribunal takes into account how many games you have played. If you have played thousands of games and get reported a dozen times, you will be less likely to enter than the Tribunal than someone who played a hundred games and is reported a hundred times. However, if you are extremely, unbelievably toxic in a small number of games, then the Tribunal does not care if you have played thousands of games.

These "bad games" must have been pretty bad, or there must be a lot of them.

Seriously the most negative thing I have ever said in the chat was (quite a while ago) was asking someone no to continue feeding. I have never used foul language or raged at someone over LoL. Sorry.

SinRG

11-25-2012

I'm sorry but they have the language filter for a reason. If you can't handle a few bad words (especially in an online game) you need to grow up.