How can we solve the troll problem at Ranked Champ Selection?

Kick-vote + Report 623 77.88%
Other solution (post your thoughts!) 88 11.00%
Problem? I love being trolled and having to play ARAM while I wait 125 15.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 800. You may not vote on this poll

Solutions to trolls in Ranked Champ Select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXxDarkSongxXx

12-13-2012

Easily abused system for a vote kick.
But then again, when was Riot's implementations never been abused.
The hell with it.
Add that in.

That being said, my insight to the problem of this system would be:

- Abused in the sense that even though the "Player" is not a troll, they may feel a sense that he/she will lose the game for the team because maybe he's just not that great?

And the vote kick system should only be implemented into Ranked, otherwise a Pre-Made of Fours can just troll all day long vote kicking the fifth.

Sena

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

I like kickvoting. I'm sure everyone has lost a good number of games due to these trolls in ranked and they can't be punished by the current system.

It is very unfair. If you want to pick a troll hero and damage the team, go do it in custom.

KDjinn

12-13-2012

Vote kicking is a terrible idea because it would be exploited, you could be kicked for not picking specific champions or having a losing streak low win% etc...

Nekrocow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

I don't think finding 4 people willingly to spam votekick "just because" is that easy. There won't be much kicks because the rest of the team thinks you should've picked Ezreal over Ashe. Most of the time there will be at least 1 "no" vote, like what happens with "surrender". If you pick a non ADC and you are going ADC bot... well, don't expect to go ahead with a "troll" pick if you don't talk in champ select. You can always explain your intentions and try to convince your teammates going Trundle + Support bot is a good idea.

Votekick can indeed be abused, but that doesn't mean it will be abused. The tribunal is a good example of this.

I believe knowing that you can be kicked for not answering or cooperating encourages people to respect the Summoner's code and speak with their team, instead of instalocking whatever champ and remaining silent until they get ganked and say "imma feed now".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliturboto View Post
And the vote kick system should only be implemented into Ranked, otherwise a Pre-Made of Fours can just troll all day long vote kicking the fifth.
It would only be implemented in Ranked, there's no reason for a votekick in normals.

Nima92

12-13-2012

please god let this be real

Nekrocow

12-13-2012

If we get enough votes it could be taken into consideration

EspeonageTieler

12-13-2012

i dont tihnk this is a good idea often i get raged at when i go top for playing something like kennen or nidalee because people think only tanks can go top and i dont feel like being kicked everytime i get my best lane

Nekrocow

12-13-2012

Weird. That never happened to me and I'm at 1100-1200 ELO.

Kennen is a safe pick for top, and Nidalee is a beast when played with skill.

KirbyCake

12-13-2012

the important thing is that we see pick order, so we know who the real troll is

also elo of every player so we can see if its a clear duo queue or not

Nekrocow

12-13-2012

Nice ideas !

Tomorrow I'll try and summarize all good ideas in the first post via edit.