How can we solve the troll problem at Ranked Champ Selection?

Kick-vote + Report 629 78.04%
Other solution (post your thoughts!) 88 10.92%
Problem? I love being trolled and having to play ARAM while I wait 125 15.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 806. You may not vote on this poll

Solutions to trolls in Ranked Champ Select

12345612 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekrocow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peak View Post
Reporting is a horrible idea. I could see it being greatly abused by trolls.
The tribunal could solve the problem: just pardon and that's it.

Quote:
Kick vote? Sounds okay. Can it be abused? Yes.
Solution? How about only implementing a queue timer as a penalty if they've been kicked from 2 or 3 games in the past 30 minutes or an hour?
Awesome idea !

Quote:
People rocking four man teams just vote kicking all the time wouldn't be able to abuse others as easily that way.
You can't go 4-man on Ranked, either you go 5-man (no one to kick) or you go duo. Normals shouldn't have a kick-vote/report option on champ select, they would be terribly abused for no reason.
Kick-voting may be a abused by duoers, but I would take the risk if it will reduce the amounts of trolls forcing other players to dodge.
Quote:
You could even implement a method to see if these players are vote kicking others out (successfully) more often than the system expects, and investigate those players to ensure they're not just trolling.
I like the method idea!

Thank you for sharing your point of view !

Peak

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrocow View Post
The tribunal could solve the problem: just pardon and that's it.

You can't go 4-man on Ranked, either you go 5-man (no one to kick) or you go duo. Normals shouldn't have a kick-vote/report option on champ select, they would be terribly abused for no reason.
Kick-voting may be a abused by duoers, but I would take the risk if it will reduce the amounts of trolls forcing other players to dodge.
Good point with ranked, but I'd like to see it implemented everywhere. :P

As for the Tribunal - eh, I don't always trust the voting of people. It would depend on the implementation of pre-game logs, champion picked, summoner spells picked, etc. If that was done well, then sure, problem solved.

Nekrocow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
As for the Tribunal - eh, I don't always trust the voting of people. It would depend on the implementation of pre-game logs, champion picked, summoner spells picked, etc. If that was done well, then sure, problem solved.
I don't trust people votes neither hahaha, but Riot Staff has showed info that proves the Tribunal has good results (at least as good as they expected them to be)

bannie

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrocow View Post
Hello:

I was just trying to play a Ranked Solo Q game. I was first pick, I get a top champ and lock, the guy below picks a top too and locks... it's ok, I can deal with a troll on my lane. But then we have this guy picking Garen, with Revive and Smite...

Now I have to wait 29 minutes due to OTHERS trolling and going unpunished. How much more are we gonna have to put up with this?

What we need is a kick-vote option to remove trolls from games that also reports them to the tribunal. This will prevent spoiled kids who do not want to follow the summoner's code from ruining other players games.

I know there are other threads on this topic, but what we need is a red answer on it. If you are tired of being punished for others being bad teammates, if you want a solution now, if you support this thread, please upvote and post your point of view. If we get enough traffic in the thread we may be able to draw some attention on this matter.

I will insist on this every day until we got this, or some other solution.

Thank you.
I would definitely report you for creating a negative gameplay experience for the rest of the players. It is up to the other players to determine who and what they want to play. If you want to play two heros simultaneously, get two accounts.

Letric

12-05-2012

You first picked top??? You deserved to be trolled

Maximum Viktor

12-05-2012

Votekick is stupid because it will be too easily abused. Just make it so that Tribunal chat logs include champion select and post-game lobby chat.

Also downvoted OP for even thinking that it was a viable solution.

StratoSide

12-05-2012

picking champion you want to play is not a bannable offense, you are being a jerk for telling people what to do

you should be banned for being a jerk

deathmage390

12-05-2012

bump

Nekrocow

12-10-2012

I'm grateful to those who are making useful contributions and supporting this thread with respectful opinions

Esteno

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSide View Post
picking champion you want to play is not a bannable offense, you are being a jerk for telling people what to do

you should be banned for being a jerk

Yes it is, you need to pick what the team needs, not what you want, Read the Summoner's code before posting

"Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If youíre the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasnít already been filled"

12345612 ... 19