How can we solve the troll problem at Ranked Champ Selection?

Kick-vote + Report 622 77.85%
Other solution (post your thoughts!) 88 11.01%
Problem? I love being trolled and having to play ARAM while I wait 125 15.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 799. You may not vote on this poll

Solutions to trolls in Ranked Champ Select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekrocow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Yes, but it doesn't matter who gets the troll: Both teams need a tool to punish trolls.

Playing a game where the other team only has 4 men means nothing but a waste of time. It doesn't matter if you win, you are learning absolutely nothing if it takes no effort, no improvement.

RagingDonger

02-05-2013

The poll is biased. The foundation of the poll is based on your interpretation of a troll which is actually an opinion. For example, many people are of the opinion that Leblanc and Karma are troll picks particularly for the support role. This is not a fact, just a popular opinion. If you don't think you want to play with a secretly 90% winrate support Leblanc, you are admitting to being unable to adapt and play. It's essentially a forfeit. A forfeit is a loss!

P1LLOWHUMP3R

02-05-2013

4 vote minimum to kick a troll, 3 if its a duo.
The system knows who queued together so once it hit the magic number one or both are gone.

It can be abused if people pick unusual picks like the the rengar/yorick bot. Yeah id vote to kick that. Who wouldn't?
But people that abuse have to type out a report and and pregame chat logs would be submitted.

Have these reports go to the tribunal and be part of the process. The trolls will be weeded out just like a lot of toxic ragers. Sure there some innocents but very few. Remember it takes a lot of reports to make it to the tribunal.

Vote kick in champ select is necessary and no reason for riot to not implement this.

JFKilla

02-05-2013

This was posted to reddit a while back, someone suggested that teammates vote on whether a leave was deserved and basing punishment on that. Also, while vote kick could get annoying with people banning anything they perceive as non-meta, if all 4 vote against you, they probably would've been horrible to you in-game too.

Nekrocow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1LLOWHUMP3R View Post
Have these reports go to the tribunal and be part of the process. The trolls will be weeded out just like a lot of toxic ragers. Sure there some innocents but very few. Remember it takes a lot of reports to make it to the tribunal.
Also: Unfair reports will probably be filtered with Pardon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1LLOWHUMP3R View Post
It can be abused if people pick unusual picks like the the rengar/yorick bot. Yeah id vote to kick that. Who wouldn't?
There are many viable non-meta picks. Someone picking Heimer or Karma, then going bot as ADC is indeed trolling, but if I see bot and top switching, or Jayce going ADC, I do not believe that is trolling. There is a big difference between someone too stubborn to realize that the rest of the team does not want you to try weird picks/builds on ranked, and someone with a pick/build others haven't seen working. But the most important part is communication: Are you really trolling? If your teammates ask you not to pick something and give you an option instead, and everyone is being polite and helpful, then there's no reason not to cooperate. If you still are stubborn/rude, then get kicked.
I play rengar "support" bot, if I'm going for a "kill lane" (I tend to get First Blood if their jungler doesn't babysit), and I've seen many other non-meta picks/lanes working. On the other hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFKilla View Post
(...) while vote kick could get annoying with people banning anything they perceive as non-meta, if all 4 vote against you, they probably would've been horrible to you in-game too.
... this. I wouldn't mind not playing with people who force me to take a role but won't let me pick what I play best in it. If you tell your teammates you are not good on a role (and you aren't lying), they should stick with your non-troll pick. Or, if they are toxic enough to not negotiate roles, you shouldn't be forced to play with them (even if that means they kick you; tribunal will do it's work later)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFKilla View Post
This was posted to reddit a while back
LINK OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

(=P)

El Soplon

02-06-2013

i just made a post about this , is too hard make a kick-vote sistem ? atleast you cant be trolled before start the game

Detective Katana

02-06-2013

My solution to the problem is a lot simpler. Just remove the penalty for Q-Dodging in Ranked. You want to troll? Fine, your teammates are going to leave and not suffer at all for it. I'd say put in a five minute wait (Not stacking, just five minutes) to prevent trolling WITH Q-Dodging.

"But then there might be a long wait before I get to play." That's fine, actually. I don't know about you, but when I play ranked I like to win and I don't like being at the mercy of dudes who are like "Mid or AFK!" Suddenly, the "Mid or AFK" dude has NO power. Every time he does it, someone Q-Dodges and he never gets to play. Eventually he shuts up.

Nekrocow

02-07-2013

That's actually a good idea but most people don't like "perma"-dodging. I still think we need some way to report the trolls, though.

ZzRadio

02-07-2013

I can see kick-vote being abused alot with premades.

I only eat rice

02-07-2013

What I think we should do is give us a two step matchmaking. The first step would be to match 5 people into a team and place them into a lobby together so they can discuss what they want (no penalty for leaving the lobby) and the 2nd part of the matchmaking would start once everyone confirms they are ready (through a confirmation button or something of the sort). The second part of the matchmaking would be to pair two teams together and champion select will be the same as always.