Alternate Realities: Skin Lore

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hussarlance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2012

A powerful races of Atlantean sea dwellers were on the verge of collapse during the rune wars. Headed by the greatest champion Fizz, they unleashed a spell causing surging waters to devastate all of Valoran. This was so severe that landlocked Noxus became a port city. The city of Bilgewater was completely destroyed but the residents survived as a Marauding Fleet of corsairs.

With water covering most of the world, the newly formed Institute of War gathereed the mightiest of pirate for the League of Legends including Bilgewater Swain, Bucaneer Tristana, Bilgewater Katarina, Pirate Ryze, Bilgerat Rumble, among others.

kitae

Lead Designer

11-29-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Cool thread I would like to develop better ways of supporting skin lore as I think it's a really fun area for players to explore.

DrakeRaids057

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
Cool thread I would like to develop better ways of supporting skin lore as I think it's a really fun area for players to explore.
I hope so, that would be a really cool thing to see implemented.

FlavenMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2012

Rumble in the Jungle/Bilgerat Rumble/Snowmerdinger

Rumble's continuous hatred of Heimerdinger resulted in many a practical joke, one of which ended with a foam snowman decoration indelibly glued to Heimerdinger's head. Finally fed up with all of his pranks, Heimerdinger came up with a plan to get rid of Rumble once and for all. He challenged Rumble to a final showdown. In order to protect the other Yordles from the fallout of their battle, Heimerdinger suggested the battle take place on a remote desert island.

Rumble arrived at the meeting place on his newly tricked-out Tristy. To his dismay, as he approached the Island, a turret concealed in the forest canopy of the island shot out a large electromagnetic pulse. Tristy's engines shuddered to a stop, and Yordle and mechanoid tumbled to the sandy beach. Rumble, determined as always, made use of the internal mechanisms still viable in his old Tristy, the electromagnetic pulse tower, and local materials to fashion a new Tristy. This time, most of the electronics were replaced with wood and plant life so as not to be susceptible to another EMP trick.

With his new robot completed, he set out to return to the fields of justice. Along the way, he met a pirate ship who attempted to steal his supplies. Outnumbered, and with his flamespitter nearly useless at sea, he was forced to give his beloved jungle Tristy to the pirates. Their leader made a mistake, however, when he insisted on eating the delicious pineapples stored on the robot. Mistaking these bombs for fresh fruit, the onboard cook's attempts to slice the first one open resulted in a series of explosions that sank the ship. Rumble was mercifully spared from the majority of the destruction, although he did lose his left eye.

When he woke up, Rumble was dismayed to find himself washed up on the shore of the exact same island he had been stranded on before. He rolled up his tattered sleeves, then discarded them for a nearby pirate shirt. Then he began work on building Tristy 3.0 out of what he could salvage from the washed-up remains of the shipwreck.

theDreamer

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
A simple thing would be, where possible, release a small bio/comic/etc for the skin.

Some skins (like Pentakills) had this via JoJ, some we get through logic (pre-Void Kassadin, Queen Ashe), and others are purely there for the sillies (pool party ziggs).

Anyways, my try at skin lore: Glacial Olaf!

Long before Olaf left his home of Lokfar, he had journeyed on a dangerous quest deep into the tundra to find power that would raise his clan's tradition of berserking. He found that power, but it came at a terrible price, leaving him frozen, a living embodiment of the tundra he once called home.

MrMegido

12-29-2012

Let me give this a shot.

A man sits at his TV, Chugging another brewski, buzzing with anticipation as the next televised battle on the Fields of Justice was about to start. "Welcome everyone to your weekly League of Legends rummmmmblleeeee!" That's what Brolaf would've heard if he wasn't so infatuated with the massive, well-dressed, ginger man walking to the mid lane with a cask of wine under arm. "Now to introduce or warriors! In the top for the blue side we have, Sinnngeeeeed!" Brolaf raised a Graggy ice axe out of instinct. Singed was his second favorite champion after all! "And now, taking the mid lane-" All attention on the announcer. "- Gragaaaassssssssss!" Brolaf grabbed for a drink and confirmed it. 'Gragas' was incredibly close to the name 'Graggy' and after that, Brolaf has been searching all throughout the league, trying to find the thought to be creator of his most beloved drink.

(I tried)

Borkcire

12-29-2012

A long ass fracking time ago, in a place called the Shadow Isles. There lived a humble family, religious through and through. But yay, there was a black sheep and he knew just what to do.

His name was Mordekaiser, and he refused to step in line. A vision he did see-eth, fracking rocking all the time. He wrote a tasty jam and all the void creatures did align.

"Oh, the dragon's fires were blazing
As I stepped into his place
Then I smashed his ****ing cockles
With a long and shiny mace

'Twas I who fracked the dragon
Frackalizing frackaloo
And if you try to frack with me
Then I shall frack you too

Gotta get it on in the mid lane
I gotta lock and load in the mid lane
Gotta lick a toad in the mid lane
Gotta break the code in the mid lane."

"You've disobeyed my orders, son
Why were you ever born?
Hecarim's ten times better than you
Vilemaw loves him more

This music that you play for us
Comes from the depths of Runeterra
Heavy Metal is the living's work
They want you to rebel-a (**** you, couldn't think of anyting else)

You'd better shut your mouth
You better watch your tone
You're going for a week
With no hextech revolver

Don't wanna hear you cry
Don't let me hear you moan
You gotta praise The Ruined King
When you're in my home."

"Karthus, can you hear me?
I am lost and so alone
I'm asking for your guidance
Won't you come down from your throne?

I need a tight compadre
Who will teach me how to rock
My father thinks you're evil
But man, he can suck a ****

Rock is not the living's work
It's magical and rad
I'll never rock as long as I am
Stuck here with my dad"

I hear you, brave young Mordekaiser
You are hungry for the rock
But to learn the ancient method
Sacred doors, you must unlock

Escape your father's clutches
And this creepy neighbourhood
On a journey, you must go
To find the land of Valoran!

In The Institute of War
Where the magic fills the land
You will form a strong alliance
And the world's most awesome band

To find your fame and fortune
Through the Rift you must walk
You will face your inner demons
Now go, my son and rock!

So he bailed from the ****ing Shadow Isles with hunger in his heart, and he journeyed far and wide to find the secrets of his art

But in the end, he knew that he would find his counterpart.

Rooooooock.

Roooohohohohoooooock.

Roooohohayaayayeheyheyehey(God damn it, Jack Black)hayeaheayheahyack.

And that's how Pentakill was born.

BlahDS

12-29-2012

at noon, twisted fate likes to dress different.

thats why we have high noon twisted fate....

._.

Emperor Titus

12-29-2012

There exists a medical order originating in Valoran dedicated to medical studies and healing. This organization is known as the Kinkou Hospital and it employs numerous docturs and nurses to make sure that Valoran stays healthy and clean. Surgeon Shen is a renowned neurological surgeon, Nurse Akali is a CRNA, and Kennen M.D. is a famous diagnostician.

However, the young doctor-to-be Zed was fired by the Kinkou CEO and Shen's father. Disgraced, the young Zed wandered for years trying to find a good profession. His unemployment status became employed when he took up in Pre-law and he gained several followers who want to be lawyers as well. One day, Zed looked at his lawyer students and the medical rules followed by all of Valoran. He found out that majority of the medical workers in the Kinkou Hospital were not following the HIPPO law (Health Insurance Portability and Privacy Order). He led his army of lawyers back to the Kinkou Hospital. There, he bought the entire hospital with the amount of money that he had and then fired Shen's father from the job. Then he starts to lay off many training doctors and nurses at the hospital.

That day was the worst day in Kinkou Hospital history. Many workers were laid off and pink slips litter the abandoned floors. Only Shen was able to save some from the pink slip, thanks to his knowledge in law and moved the remaining workers to a new (and better) hospital. Now the Kinkou Hospital is transformed into the Shadow Law School. Zed rules as the Director of Law and his principle is simple: study and sue all doctors who don't follow HIPPO.

(I'm trying to make it medical themed...so here...lol)

CabecoteNA

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi the Great View Post
However, the young doctor-to-be Zed was fired by the Kinkou CEO and Shen's father.
Riot should totally do a medical skin for Zed. Something a la Dr. Nick from The Simpsons xD