Purple Camera View Issues: Solved?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EgyAnubis

12-01-2012

I would like to see it done, but people been asking for this for long time and nothing been done so I don't think they will change it.

JCWombat

12-01-2012

They could at least give you the option to put the map and hud at the top

DTHPWN

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt Ryan View Post
As a side note, being able to engage and disengage camera-lock with a hotkey for me would be fantastic, as engaging in a fight without camera lock is a nightmare since I use a poorly-tracking mouse.
The default hotkey to toggle camera lock is "Y".

You can change this in the Key Binding menu while in game.

DTHPWN

01-04-2013

Bump for RED post please?

DTHPWN

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomaQL View Post
I don't think this is even possible to implement. Since League of Legends uses a Map-Based Engine (I don't think there is one that does't include a level (or map) segment, for lack of a better word). Hitherto, it would be nigh impossible to "flip" the map around for both teams.
Alright. Think of SR as a true map. It's just a 3D"diagram" that people fight on. How do you plan on fighting on the same side of the diagram?
I know I worded this poorly, but hopefully you see the logic in this. (I also may be full of it, as the Source engine is the only one I have experience with).
Anything rendered in 3D should have the potential to be viewed from any angle. If they made it possible for the purple team to simply view the map from the exact opposite angle as blue, this would solve the problem. Let me see if I can show this in text:

(ignore the periods, they are for formatting only)

...................\/ <purple's camera view (looking toward the bottom of the map)
|'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''|
|.....................|
|_________|
../\ <blue's camera view (the current standard)

vTerrible

01-05-2013

this has been an Annoying fact that we have to live with for the time being. I agree with what you are saying DTHPWN. A view in the way you said it would work. being adc on purple is quite hard seeing as the other adc can see you and target you before you can in some case. from players I have talk to in game most say they hate the way it is set up So could we push for this to be fix or change in the next update?

Plato83

03-06-2013

feedback goes here - http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2019392

Ov PandaLily vO

04-03-2014

I was wondering how come you guys don't change the camera view of purple team?
Is there any Way you guys can mirror the camera view and make it just like blue team?
Theres games where I join that many people don't wanna support because they don't like the camera view at bottom lane that they die easy cause they can't use the off lock camera feature, so I was asking if you guys can mirror the jungle and the camera view to make it look exactly like blue team, just leave dragon and barron at the same place but only switch the golems, wolfs, wraiths, etc..

Thanks and if possible please let me know if you guys atleast think about it or so...
Love playing League just not with the people have trouble in rank games when we are on purple team kinnda ruins my win streak cause of the camera view.

Please Hear me out Riot Team.

Haytiin

Recruiter

04-14-2014

Quote:
I don't think this is even possible to implement. Since League of Legends uses a Map-Based Engine (I don't think there is one that does't include a level (or map) segment, for lack of a better word). Hitherto, it would be nigh impossible to "flip" the map around for both teams.
Alright. Think of SR as a true map. It's just a 3D"diagram" that people fight on. How do you plan on fighting on the same side of the diagram?
I know I worded this poorly, but hopefully you see the logic in this. (I also may be full of it, as the Source engine is the only one I have experience with).

OK... SO... if this is true.. then how about they flip the map so it is a Diamond, instead of a square, and the blue and purple team are on the left and right corners, so that it is the exact same map for both teams, they just have to push right or left, versus up or down. That would also solve the problem, and not cause any major changes in the game programming, just a simple tilt of the map is all.

Matt Shield

04-20-2014

Quote:
What if they gave you the option to rotate the camera a la Total War? That way you could get more options.