Viktor change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestViktorRussia

11-01-2012

So I know he has a rework coming in his near future, I think the best idea you could do is give him syndra's passive with his augments and take away his extra ap/other things you can buy. I main viktor and feel the only reason he may lose is that late game, you cant have all 6 items, and in lane i don't even have enough room for wards. With his passive, at rank 5, his q gets the speed boost (may need to decrease speed to make not op), give w 20% more range (opposed to the 30%) which would dramasically increase his chasing potential (viktor is a naturally slow champion), and his e do the original DoT

Nichod

12-01-2012

I don't think Viktor is hampered at all by his lack of that single item. His own items are powerful as they are and I hope they don't radically alter his items/stats. I wouldn't mind seeing a beastly tier 3 item selection for him to enhance his augment even more. The only thing that might be nice is to see the items alter his play style a bit. I'd love for each item to radically alter his play position and style. So that he could be played as an AP bruiser, AP support, or AP carry. As he is now I win most Viktor games in both rank and normals...he is incredibly strong against most champs. He has a squishy/weak start, but if you play somewhat carefully and wait for that ulti stun/gravity you will melt most opponents pretty much immediately at level 6.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2012

Even though this is just speculation from a person who hasn't seen any solid evidence of these things, someone mentioned that, among the item shop files, there's a second evolution for each of Viktor's augmented cores, each of them applying extra bonuses to the skill they buff AS WELL AS Viktor's ultimate.

Of course, I don't know whether that's just files or if they're already in the PBE; I don't keep up on the PBE.

SethCypher

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
Of course, I don't know whether that's just files or if they're already in the PBE; I don't keep up on the PBE.
Its not on either. The changes are currently in their alpha stages, which means Riot basically showed us the changes when they are broken and not when they have been toned down to a balanced level.

Quote:
I don't think Viktor is hampered at all by his lack of that single item
Its not that he's lacking a single item so much as he's stuck with a T2 item throughout the whole game which kind of blows for a champion in a role that depends incredibly on item building.

Blaze86420

12-01-2012

Here are my problems with viktor:

- Q is usless; single target, not much damage, zero utitly (shield makes very little difference)
- W is unreliable, it's only consistently useful as some sort of escape tool and a little kiting in a team fight. Stun rarely ever lands unless you're playing against a bunch of idiots or if you land it perfectly.
- Ultimate cannot be controlled after death, rendering it useless afterwards.
- He's stuck with a tier 2 item for the entire game.

SethCypher

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze86420 View Post
- Ultimate cannot be controlled after death, rendering it useless afterwards.
Not really a good point seeing as how you should be dead so it wouldn't make sense that you'd be controlling anything. Alot of champion ults can't be controlled after death anyways like Jarvan's Cataclysm or Shaco's Hallucinate.

Blaze86420

12-01-2012

Viktor's ultimate requires time for it to realize it's full damage potential, not being able to control it after death means you're only getting half of the damage you should be dishing out, depending on how long the target stays under the cloud.

Viktor can hold his own in a 1vs1 to a certain degree, but he falls off hard in team fights. Miss your death ray and you're useless for the next +9 seconds. Die, and your chaos storm goes to waste. His Q has a short range and is single target with no utility unless you grab augment power. His W offers nothing more than kiting potential.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze86420 View Post
Viktor's ultimate requires time for it to realize it's full damage potential, not being able to control it after death means you're only getting half of the damage you should be dishing out, depending on how long the target stays under the cloud.

Viktor can hold his own in a 1vs1 to a certain degree, but he falls off hard in team fights. Miss your death ray and you're useless for the next +9 seconds. Die, and your chaos storm goes to waste. His Q has a short range and is single target with no utility unless you grab augment power. His W offers nothing more than kiting potential.
It's funny when players do this, selling a champion's powers short.

His Q? Trading power. Viktor's able to slap someone's **** and then take retaliation. On a short cooldown.
His W? Drop it in the right place and you've basically Veigar'd the enemy team.
His E? Grab some CDR, and make use of the unpredictable nature of the shot. It's the only skill shot besides Rumble's ultimate that does not originate directly from the caster.
His R? Place it right, and it won't matter if you die mid-ulti, because then you've effectively pulled Fiddlesticks/Karthus in the team fight. Either they all have to split or suffer heavy damage.

Blaze86420

12-01-2012

I was talking about teamfights, in a team fight the only thing a Q will accomplish is an engage from the enemy team in which case you are dead in two seconds. Its useful in lane, but it's range is too short for it to be a safe poke in a teamfight and it's single target, so it doesn't dish out enough damage. His W is nothing like Veigar's ability, you only need to touch Veigar's wall to get yourself stunned. Viktor's requires you to say inside the field for 1.5 seconds, and the stun only lasts 1.5 seconds compared to Veigar's 2.5. I've already said that you must place the ultimate perfectly for it to be effective, that's the point I'm making; you have to ace the placement and have the rest of your team keep the enemy team in range for it to be effective.

His E is perfectly fine, I have no problems with it.