Katarina tips.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

11-23-2012

I've recently decided to go back to mid, and one of champions i plan playuing more is katarina.

I've had her since season 1 whne i was just starting the game, and never played her s2.or after remake.

Usualy i have pretty good idea about how to effectively use a champ i like but this time i feel kinda clueless.
Whats the most efficient way to max skills, and good rotations in certain situations.

How to rotate in teamfight / and hopw to vs single target.

I'd like to note im not a beginer, im ~ 1500 elo player with lots of games played, i'd apreaciate some tips on her.

Scarlet Reaper

11-23-2012

well, im no pro, nor someone higher elo than you, but i would like clarification, are you only talking about skill order? or also runes/ masteries, items, etc?

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

11-23-2012

runes/ masteries/ items are highly dependable on player preferences and game situation, so no.

Just skill order, how to use skills efficiently to take full benefit of cooldown resets etc

Moofina

11-23-2012

Max q, then e, then w. The new katarina is easy to pick up on. your basic harrass combo is q, e on to the target, and then w to get away.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

11-23-2012

isnt it better to max w first for faster farm?

e Zinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

old kat maxing Q was good but on the new one max W, it makes the CD more spammable, better farm, and more play potential since it gives u movement speed if it hits someone. The new Q does not do much damage unless you proc it :|

I cringe when I see Kat players build glass cannon so I suggest incorporating Rylai's or at least a Haunting Guise early on since she gets shut down by CC rather easily. Even something as dumb as Riven's 3rd Q effects will screw up Katarina in teamfights, so you need that extra tankiness.

When you are playing against Brand or some other skillshot heavy champ, it is better to dodge with shunpo than it is to harass with it, because when you do that you are literally opening yourself up to free damage since you will be a sitting duck. Wait til they use their skills to farm and then go in with Q E W, not the other way around.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

11-24-2012

ok, well harassin in lane is simple, i ment how to use your skills in teamfights for fully benefiting from resets.

Awaken Razure

11-24-2012

The sequence is the same in team fights.
Q E W then R until either its out or the other team runs, you then repeat. Depending on the other teams health, it's sometimes better just to E W Q because your Q might slow you down if they're running and if you E W while there low then you'll most likely get them. Another tip with kat is to carry around a ward or two to E for escape or chasing. It's like a pocket flash. This also works for diving, you set the ward up, do your dive then E back to the ward as your passive resets cool downs.

SetzerSabin

11-24-2012

You should take first Q, then E, then maxing W because of it's damage and low cooldown.
Always wait for the team to fight, you go in at mid fight and nuke them with ult, you can (with some luck) get a penta that way.