Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New to TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brendon96

11-23-2012

Hello guys ! Atm, I am a gold rank player at 1578 in solo queue for SR, and I would like to finally try out TT. Just wanted to say I am gold so that you know I'm not COMPLETELY new to the game, just new to TT. Anyways, I just had a question ! Could somebody explain the meta to me for TT? What are the champs to play, champs to avoid, champs to ban ? Any tips? Thanks in advance

Sam

11-23-2012

One Bruiser top/bot (mostly top)

One Bruiser or AP jungle

One AP bot/top (mostly bot)

Tier list, pretty much the most strongest champions you can actually play are in the T God and T1.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1568877

FearAzrael

11-23-2012

I heard there is this guy you can watch to learn TT

http://www.twitch.tv/sam

Brendon96

11-23-2012

Is karma a better laner or jungler?

Journeyboy

11-23-2012

Quote:
Brendon96:
Is karma a better laner or jungler?

I personally lane her.

TT in general can be played however you want tbh. For instance sona, ad teemo, and tank soraka rolls ( I have been rolled by it, tried it and rolled with it).

Basics:
  • Usually either 1 top 2 bot or 1 top 1 jungle 1 bot.
  • Vilemaw is a mini baron and, as a rule of thumb, should be attempted after lvl 10 with awesome jungle teams, 12 with ok dps teams and 14 with not so good dps teams.
Intermediate:
  • Importance of objectives: Vile-> tower -> alters
  • Alters are not worth dying for and are often overrated. Though I would not suggest team fighting if they have both because they get a 10%ap/ad dmg bonus.
Advanced:
  • A solid team usually has more ad than ap because sustained dmg is valued higher than burst because of the current tanky meta.
  • Champs with no CC are extremely risky to run because CC teams or teams that are fast can control the flow of the game from start to finish; more so than SR. I personally like to run CC monsters when running with a champ like to morde to compensate.
  • Because of the lack of wards, champs without escapes are more challenging to play... by alot.
  • Blackfire torch is awesome on self AOE champs like singed, swain, and amumu; and rapid casters like ryze, cass, and rumble.
  • Pillager is awesome on tanky ad casters like garen, rek, garen, riven, darius, and garen.
  • And you wont find madreds anywhere, its now the Blade of the ruined king.
  • Most importantly.....
*****NEVER DEPEND ON MIA CALLS********

People go mia often and ganks happen quick. Minimap is more important in TT than SR.

Brendon96

11-23-2012

Would junglers take smite?

Brendon96

11-23-2012

Btw thanks so much for the response and help ^.^
Also does the blackfire torth effect stack?

Journeyboy

11-23-2012

Quote:
Brendon96:
Would junglers take smite?

I recommend not to. With the super fast respawns, counter jungling is not worth the summoner. Also, vilemaw is rarely decided on a steal.

Quote:
Brendon96:
Btw thanks so much for the response and help ^.^
Also does the blackfire torth effect stack?

Usually only have one ap on a team so it's super rare to see two BFT's. I'm not sure.

Funkel

11-25-2012

does jungle path matter? or can you start at any of the 3 creeps?