Banned for unskilled

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSmashKeyboard View Post
Except prior history isn't supposed to matter except for the elevation of the punishment.
You need to start looking beneath the surface.

A Reform Card alone cannot be used to overturn a punishment, because it is not all the evidence used to reach that punishment.

Pure and simple.

You are not judging this case on these forums.

You are trying to overturn a prior judgement that you don't have all the evidence for.

Might such a Reform Card be cause for Riot to review the case? Sure.

But he's not immediately innocent of all charges, 'unban right now'.

Edit: Prior history does, I believe, affect how easy it is to get into Tribunal again-- a "warning" is like probation for a while.

LSmashKeyboard

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
You need to start looking beneath the surface.

A Reform Card alone cannot be used to overturn a punishment, because it is not all the evidence used to reach that punishment.

Pure and simple.

You are not judging this case on these forums.

You are trying to overturn a prior judgement that you don't have all the evidence for.

Might such a Reform Card be cause for Riot to review the case? Sure.

But he's not immediately innocent of all charges, 'unban right now'.

Edit: Prior history does, I believe, affect how easy it is to get into Tribunal again-- a "warning" is like probation for a while.
So much for an impartial system if that's the case.

We are trying to "overturn" a prior judgement that we have all the evidence for. The Reform card in question is the same Tribunal case that was used to punish in the first place.

CursedEgg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

are you ****ing serious? riot pls stahp

Corruption44

11-24-2012

if your so bad that your teamates can't handle playing with you because you make them rage merely by your presence, maybe you need to do some bot games to warm up.

I Panda l

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmonice View Post
Dude I aupplaud this person for their sticking to the summoners code and behaving much better than anyone else would've. the /taunt and /joke feautres are fun and usable as much as a person wants to use, that's why they're there. If someone doesn't like them, they can turn off champion sounds. Did Dyrus get banned for spamming laugh in a world championship match? No, and no one else should either, because it's not ok to let things go in one area, like a tournament, and then ban someone for doing it in normals, it just doesn't make sense.
People seem to not realize that the issue here isn't that he spammed emotes. No the issue is that the enemy team, and even his own teammates repeatedly asked him to stop, and yet he kept going. It's just rude and disrespectful what he did.

Point is, it doesn't matter if you spammed the taunt/laugh w/e. What matters is if you're doing something that other people in the game find annoying or offensive then you should respect their wishes or else be reported. Seriously by the logic going on here, I should go around with smite on Nunu and steal my jungler's jungle. He may not like it, but damn I know I'll be having a blast watching his reaction. I mean as long as I'm having fun right? That's all that matters. As long as I am the one having a good time, it'll be fine. -.-.

Quote:
What exactly violates the Summoner's Code here?
Where is this "foul language"?

The fact that he calls Akali a noob? I'm confused.

Is "noob" foul language now?

Also, these are the only five cases we have. Stop bringing up things we can't see/have zero proof of.
"Remember, taking a jab at your friend in the middle of the game is a lot different than making a glib remark at a complete stranger. Someone who is unfamiliar with what you consider playful may take your comment as an attack and react unfavorably. If two players on a team start fighting, good communication and teamwork become nearly impossible. Once communication breaks down, the likelihood of victory is drastically diminished. It isnít uncommon for simple, good natured teasing to spiral out of control into a loss, so do yourself a favor and donít run the risk of sabotaging your own success."

The quote above is taken directly from the Summoner's code. Honestly did you people even read the summoner's code? .-. Seriously lol... You should, it's not like ToS. It's not very long and you should finish reading it in three minutes.

thegreatestman

11-24-2012

Quote:
Except prior history isn't supposed to matter except for the elevation of the punishment. Once action is taken, action is taken. Double jeopardy isn't a very fair system, and if that's the case it should be looked at.

You don't see the warning case or the other cases.

They don't exist.

You're judging for the case that's right in front of you. If that reform card says that someone is "not-guilty", then god damn, they are not guilty.

It's all the evidence that pertains to you, and could be all the evidence that exists.

I just showed you that it doesn't take 5 or more games. It's time to reevaluate that notion.
It takes five or more games to get to the Tribunal the FIRST TIME. After you're in the system, i.e. after your initial email warning, you can then be punished for as little as one game. This isn't difficult to understand.

Sitanimulli

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexmate View Post
"Enjoy Yourself, but not at Anyone Elseís Expense"

What would spamming taunt be considered???

THIS IS about opinion, you might find spamming "taunt" funny and cool, but maybe the person who you are laning against or with, will find it extremely annoying.
Yeah? Many find Teemo funny and cool while I find him extremely annoying. Ban all Teemo players please.

LSmashKeyboard

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatestman View Post
It takes five or more games to get to the Tribunal the FIRST TIME. After you're in the system, i.e. after your initial email warning, you can then be punished for as little as one game. This isn't difficult to understand.
It's difficult to understand because if that's the case it probably shouldn't work like that.

thegreatestman

11-24-2012

Quote:
It's difficult to understand because if that's the case it probably shouldn't work like that.
Why not? The vast majority of people who play this game have NEVER received even the initial warning from the Tribunal. If you do receive that warning, and then you troll in other games (even as few as ONE additional game), why do you feel you wouldn't deserve punishment?

This is no different than a probationary sentence. When you're on probation, you can be punished further (i.e. revocation of probation and additional sentencing) for things that aren't even crimes when you're a citizen not on probation. So if you DO commit further crimes, even just ONE crime, while on probation, what would you expect to happen?

Super Explosion

11-24-2012

Quote:
So much for an impartial system if that's the case.

We are trying to "overturn" a prior judgement that we have all the evidence for. The Reform card in question is the same Tribunal case that was used to punish in the first place.
The concept of "probation" is quite impartial.

It applies to everyone, and protects people from those who would continue to harm them, despite being informed that their behavior was damaging.

I have seen this attitude quite frequently from career felons: calling the system into question, acting like the oppressed, rather than understanding simply why their behavior detriments themselves and those around them.

This Reform Card is not all that got him into Tribunal, and it's not all that went into his ban. Period.

Instead of understanding that, and with that knowledge calmly requesting a review from Riot to make sure everything (all the evidence) is in accord with the punishment, you try to cloud the issue with false statements about how it works.

In this case, it is in Riot's best interest to quickly clear up any bans that were made in error.

But not to unban only by the will of the crowd and one Reform Card, in the face of the data they have.

See the difference: This card is enough for a review of the case.

But you would demand a mob-mentality reversal, even if this person turned out ruin games for many people with something other than simple 'emote spamming'.