Teemo control for Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeGoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

I have not read these forums for a long time, so I may be posting a topic that may have been brought up already.

I am requesting Riot to please put a ban on Teemo for Dominion play or have a separate statistic change for him in Dominion mode only. The champion completely unbalances that game mode, even more so with the introduction of the Blackfire Torch (BFT). He has gone from assassin, to annoyance, to a one character killing machine in a very short time of game play. And any build works with him, so long as Teemo has a BFT equiped. If Teemo is not focused, he will slaughter your team. If he is focused, he has so much escape and cover with his ultimate, the rest of his team will kill for him.

The second thing I bring up is his ultimate. Those mushrooms. Dominion had wards restricted from it for a reason. Teemo's ult has so much more function than just his ultimate move. Yes it provides a ward, is invisible, does slow, big damage, poison (which also procs on BFT and other AP items) and is spam-able. I am aware there is a limit to how many he can carry if not placing them, but they don't go away quickly enough to matter. They are persistent for several minutes. For a game mode where speed and movement are key functions, that is too much field control for something that can run away, and not fear confrontation from the opposing side.

I only write this in, because it has gotten out of hand. If either team has a Teemo on their roster, they have an automatic shift in balance to their favor. If both sides have one, it depends on who can feed their Teemo faster. One character should not have this much decision over game play mechanics.

A Slime Appears

11-23-2012

I hate to be "that" guy, but there are already 5-10 (at least) topics about BFT and/or Teemo and/or how they interact on the first page. We know, we hate it, it sucks. BFT is being nerfed next patch. Nome said they are looking into Teemo. It sounds like nerfs, but who knows.

hinderlopen

11-23-2012

I just dislike the choices an enemy teemo gives me: spend 250 for oracles on champions that need gold to be relevant OR lose half my hp a few of the times I try to run through the forest to the windmill.

This is specifically for the squishy ap/ad carries that I normally play, I don't like playing tanky characters where teemo shrooms are only going to do like 1/10th of my hp.

chide da jungler

11-23-2012

yeah i'm gonna play more teemo until they nerf it

he is op

but the little guy was sos useless for so long he deserves it

FDru

11-23-2012

Teemo was nerfed pretty hard with the Sweeper passive nerf, actually. He's probably just FotM now because of TT.

IIZekoII

11-23-2012

make BFT not poc on DoT at least. like wtf.

Forbiddian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Teemo was nerfed pretty hard with the Sweeper passive nerf, actually. He's probably just FotM now because of TT.

Normally champs that are "fotm" are played a lot, but are played a lot by people who don't really know what to do and just pick a champ because they think it's OP. At the same time, people get used to playing against them, so the win ratio stays pretty middling.

Teemo is picked every single game (all Elos): http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...ty&range=daily

He still has a very high win ratio (counting all Elos): http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...te&range=daily

I don't remember the last time I saw this combination of a champion being played so much while maintaining such a high win ratio. Certainly nerfs are incoming, though, either to BFT, Teemo, or both.

DiscworldDeath

11-24-2012

Teemo, BTW, had always been one of Riot's most popular champions, in all non-ranked game modes.

He appears on average in 57% of the Dominion games when I looked earlier this week.

Teemo is always FotM, but some things make him quite strong, including the recent buffs they gave to his on-hit passive damage, the shroom changes from a couple of patches ago, etc.

The Sweeper nerf did hurt him, but he's still strong, and would be pretty strong even without the BFT, and more and more people are realizing it.