If you have Revive sometimes dying is better than backing

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

Senior Member

11-23-2012

TLDR - Remove Revive.

Most of the time dying is bad. However, there are certain situations where dying is the best choice due to the strength of Revive. No summoner spell should make suicide the optimal decision.

One such scenario is being low health at the windmill fight. You can either back or suicide to revive.

If you back that takes 4 seconds and a long time to run to the windmill.

If you die you spend 0 seconds to get back to base, you get to windmill much faster (speed boost), and you are stronger for the fight because of the hp gain.

If the fight is close backing is the wrong choice because your team will lose the windmill fight before you return.


Although Revive takes skill to use properly it rewards counter intuitive play and is only countered by itself. Revive should be removed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demonite10

Senior Member

11-23-2012

If you have Karthus, sometimes dying is better than backing. Remove Karthus.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purpleskoal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-23-2012

I agree with the op, the windmill fight is a revive zerg fest. But it seems everyone is in love with revive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FluffyNeko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-23-2012

Yolt


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroyok View Post
If you have Karthus, sometimes dying is better than backing. Remove Karthus.
Dying is never the optimal choice with Karthus. It just so happens that playing him to his strengths often results in his death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyanNyan456 View Post
Yolt
XD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphaFerric

Senior Member

11-23-2012

Gunna have to agree. Every time I pick leona, I pick a target, cc them so my team actually grows a pair and fights, die, revive, and repeat. Almost always works.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaIfhearted

Senior Member

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyanNyan456 View Post
Yolt
"Wahahahahaha"
- Zilean


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sauron

Senior Member

11-23-2012

Your argument is a bit flawed. That's like saying you shouldn't play bait with Flash or Exhaust, or shouldn't use Cleanse prematurely for the CC reduction, or shouldn't wait for allies to be hurt before using Heal. All spells have variance in their usage, even the binary ones. There are penalties to getting yourself killed intentionally. They are not always immediate and are often ignored, which is the fault of the player.

Removing Revive and doing nothing about Garrison would make only about 20 champions viable in Dominion. 3 supports 1 aoe cc and 10 Garrisons, with double Maokais in bot lane every game. Pushing would be wrong, skirmishing would be wrong, and killing would be pointless, if even possible. First team to win the windmill fight would hold 3-2 for 10 minutes or more. Revive is basically what keeps the turtle-fest meta at bay.

Revive is probably going to drop the speed boost in S3 anyways due to the new boots, and the hp boost will probably become the new spec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroyok View Post
If you have Karthus, sometimes dying is better than backing. Remove Karthus.
The only situation as Karthus where you actually want to die is in a team fight when you're completely out of mana, low on health, W is close to coming off CD and 1 or 2 enemies might escape the fight with very little health. Of course, you were probably joking.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

11-23-2012

Garrison is OP but that is not justification for keeping Revive.

There have been many good suggestions for adjusting Garrison (removing the "turret healing" ability being my favorite), they could just pick one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMKH

Senior Member

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
"Wololo"
- Zilean
ftfy


12