@Mere / Catchandkiss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesus the Friend

11-23-2012

Prostitution is 100% legal in Australia?

Crazy man.

It's legal everywhere else, but over here it's called marriage.

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

You mean prostitution is illegal in other places..?

I think street walking in illegal though.
I think you need to work of of a brothel if I'm not mistaken.

poe tay toes

11-23-2012

i think its legal in nevada (maybe just a couple cities there?) i seem to recall a story about some woman selling her virginity to pay for law school

Jesus the Friend

11-23-2012

Prostitution is illegal in the United States, Canada(I believe?) and my country... sort of.

Prostitution is a grey area here in that we know it exists and we know exactly where / when it takes place.
The police just don't do anything about it because... well, it's good business, for everyone.
So it's allowed but technically you're not supposed to do it.

I checked the wiki for my country and it has the following:

Quote:
Mexico is a source, transit, and destination country for persons trafficked for the purposes of commercial sexual exploitation. Poverty, corruption and the violent drug war have contributed to the proliferation of sexual slavery in the country; much of the *** business is controlled by criminal gangs.

Young female migrants recounted being robbed, beaten, and raped by members of criminal gangs and then forced to work in table dance bars or as prostitutes under threat of further harm to them or their families
ONE BILLION PERCENT BULLSH*T.

I happen to know many people involved in drug smuggling / distribution, prostitution ring leaders and underlings, no one, and I mean absolutely no one has heard of anything remotely resembling that to ever occur, ever.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
You mean prostitution is illegal in other places..?

I think street walking in illegal though.
I think you need to work of of a brothel if I'm not mistaken.
Also house calls are acceptable if they're arranged over a phone. Do anything you want but do it in public.
Quote:
Prostitution is a grey area here in that we know it exists and we know exactly where / when it takes place.
The police just don't do anything about it because... well, it's good business, for everyone.
So it's allowed but technically you're not supposed to do it.
+1 to respect for the Mexican Police.

Coedeed