Just no luck in ranked 3s...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Bushmaster

11-23-2012

Alright, aside from the obligatory "L2P" comments, which I'm sure will show up anyway

The few and far between constructive remarks would be nice.

My friends and I dominate public 3s, we rarely ever lose. We work well together, we're smart about positioning and map awareness, and we all have quite a few champions we play very well. We're aware of counterpicks, we know different builds for situational functionality (we don't use "cookie cutter" builds) and we're just..... good.

However, every time we play ranked 3's we get completely annihilated. Perhaps some of you higher elo players could offer some advice or lessons learned so that we might benefit from your experiences?

Anything would help at this point, we're so frustrated.

TheM0ve

11-23-2012

It has less to do with skill and more to do with teamwork and how your champs compliment each other.

I would say best thing would to get use to playing champs that rarely get banned that way you guys know you have 3 champs that work and compliment each other well.

My two bros have played the same 2 champs for the last 1k games. I don't know how they do it. I always have to mix it up.

But my bros play Trynd and Morg. I always play a tanky champ and build tanky. I go with Shen, Shyvana, Vollibear, Renekton latley. Its all about feeding our trynd. I just try to harress split them up in team fights so trynd can take them down.

We have tried games where I got sick of being tanky and not geting kills and I played champs like Jax or Jayce and all it does is split up the kills more and our trynd is not as strong and we are weaker in team fights.

Journeyboy

11-23-2012

This is one framework for an all around team you can try out.

Try this:

Pick Champs with good early game presence with decent late games and play aggressive from the start.

Have more than
5 non-ult CC's
1 champ with poke
2 champs with builds over 2500hp
1 champ who can clear jungle well
2 champs that have sustained dmg (ap or ad)
1 champ with good anti tank capabilities.

Make sure you can farm well with your picks
Make sure to clear jungle often

Example:
Fid, Xin, Trundle.

5 CC
2 Champs that usually go well above 2500 health.
3 Champs with good jungling
2 Sustained dmg'ers
1 poker
2 possible anti-tanks

scazzaf

11-24-2012

The skill level difference between ranked 3s and normals 3s is incredible. It feels like a completely different game altogether.

Ashno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

IT's more of a team comp in ranked rather than just picking whatever.

In ranked 3s you usually wanna counterpick. and ban obvious op's

THE RIGHTMANN

11-24-2012

BAN DARIUS. dunk dunk win is no fun. Good team comp. I usually run ap tank, adc and bruiser. works almost every game because you have the variety, cc's and good counter group to opponents.