Why do the LoL and Dota2 communities hate each other so much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clinkz Eastwoood

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lénekton Bot View Post
^This and elitism.
i had that blanketed under ignorance.

FDru

11-23-2012

I have not noticed a significant amount of Dota 2 hate. But there is definitely a lot of LoL hate in the Dota 2 community.

Alchazar

11-23-2012

because a person from the original dota team left and help make riot and is a general... whats the word? butthead? so everyone that plays dota2 doesnt like really like riot because of him then your elitism and fanboy-ism

Clinkz Eastwoood

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
I have not noticed a significant amount of Dota 2 hate. But there is definitely a lot of LoL hate in the Dota 2 community.
ive never seen it happen outright in either community honestly, its not until one tries to assert that one game is better that we get the people taking sides and generally being dicks.

Lasterus

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinkz Eastwoood View Post
fanboy-ism and ignorance mostly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lénekton Bot View Post
^This and elitism.
Here it is.

DoTA hates LoL because some LoL players THINK that it came first, and that a lot of the champions and stuff were copied. There's also that thing with Pendragon.

LoL hates DoTA because of how elitist it is. They look down on our community for the above stated reason and thus we resent them. Even though the members of the above stated reason are actually a pretty small part of our community.

Tarmógoyf

11-23-2012

The same reason TL2 and D3 fanboys argue, the same reason WoW and GW2 fanboys argue, the same reason CoD and BF3 fanboys argue... The list goes on and on

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

I never liked this man.They are just game, why figth to said who is better?They are both Moba games, but diferent on style.

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

because Dota is a nubs
HAHAHAHHAHahahaHAHAHa
im so funny and you're not nubs

The Lol0caust

11-23-2012

Actually a huge reason why dota players hate league is because of all the **** pendragon pulled with the dota-allstars website way back in the day.

Basically, it was like if you took mobafire,solomid.net,clg website, the official forums, and /r/leagueoflegends and shut it all down with no notice and replaced it with an advertisement for dota 2. That's basically what pendragon did to the dota community and many have never forgiven him for it.

I Love Maddison

11-23-2012

*insert madkid comment about pendragon or whoever they complain STOLE IT ALL*

Also because dota is OBVIOUSLY the better game which is why more people care to watch streams of LoL instead of dota...Teemo was a stolen idea someone get the cross !

Also Playstation vs Xbox arguments are hilarious on a sidenote lol