Are they still viable junglers in season 3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Visceral Sith

12-12-2012

Ive been interested in learning to jungle in a long time, and I've been especially interested in the champions hecarim, rengar and kha'zix, but I know they were usually played as junglers before, are they still viable with the season 3 changes?

adc

12-12-2012

Rengar wasn't played as a jungler in S2, he was top lane (and still is). I do believe he can still jungle, though. I never really saw much Kha'zix play, so I don't have any idea, but I would be surprised if he couldn't clear the jungle with machete. Same with Hecarim.

Basically, the new jungle just made it so that junglers took more damage from the jungle - all the clear times are within something like 5-10 seconds of their old times, you just tend to be lower on HP at the end.

OneDeadPixel

12-12-2012

Junlgers like shyvana and mundo are whats in right now. High sustain, fast clear times.

Keuzen

12-12-2012

In my opinion, Hecarim is one of the best junglers. While he can clear rather fast, he is also VERY good if you are an aggressive player. He is excellent when beefy, turret diving and just being all-around strong. Kha'Zix is also a good pick as well. His W (which you get first) gives you a delicious heal and does nice AOE damage. He can do good damage early game in his ganks, and has a jump so they won't get away.

Phoenix0Wright

12-12-2012

Hecarim's jungle is still pretty fast. Kha'Zix can also clear ok if you get a good leash, but tbh he's better in a lane, as is Rengar.

Axiom Prime

12-12-2012

Olaf and Udyr still work just the same as they always did. Especially Olaf, I think his clear times actually got faster with his sustain and passive.

lizardman king

12-14-2012

I jungle Hecarim all the time you can clear the jungle and go back for more the first time through or get some early ganks. He is still very viable and a fun jungle.

Beef All The Way

12-14-2012

Olaf's no smite no leash jungle clear time (max Q then E ignore W) is FASTER than his smite + leash s2 time. and you can clear Blue, wolves, wraiths, red, golems, wraiths, wolves, golems, wraiths, wolves then 1st b with 1.6k gold. (no smite start machete, 5 pot and ad/armor runes and 30/0/0)