Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: A Concern for Dominion Testing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakylon

11-23-2012

Right now, the Dominion queues are completely dead most of the time: the approximated wait time is 16:33 right now, but I can see the queue going up to several hours. This poses a problem, as new content will not be balanced for Dominion, and might lead to balance issues or even Dominion-specific bugs on the live server.

Could we have some incentive to test Dominion on the PBE server? Since PBE is for bug and balance testing for the whole of League of Legends, maps other than SR should also be tested to ensure that no bugs or balance issues get through.

And for those who think Dominion doesn't matter, it actually does have two competitive scenes: the weekly DominateDominion tournaments for the NA server, and an EU server weekly tournament. I also know that Riot recognizes at least the former: look for "DominateDominion" under the featured streamer list.

cheezzyy

11-23-2012

Dominion bugs are usually discovered through custom game types such as hide and seek or king of scar. And the only way to lower the queue is to get a bunch of people to actually want to play. Same issue with normal draft mode. Nobody plays cause they either want to instalock any champ they want regardless of teamates or only care about elo despite it being PBE.

Drakylon

11-23-2012

Thing is, bugs aren't the only thing that can pose problems. Balance testing can't be done through custom game types, as they're nowhere near similar to actual Dominion.

As for your second point, that's why I'm asking for incentive: to get people to play the mode.

PiscologoExisto

11-23-2012

What happend to the item Force of Nature?? =B

cheezzyy

11-23-2012

Yes that is true. But I don't see a possible way to convince the players to play dominion.

Drakylon

11-23-2012

Quote:
PiscologoExisto:
What happend to the item Force of Nature?? =B

Apparently FoN was removed and its stats were redistributed into other items.

Quote:
cheezzyy:
Yes that is true. But I don't see a possible way to convince the players to play dominion.

Perhaps a separate, slightly smaller server could be set up purely for testing maps other than SR, using the same login info as the current PBE server. That way, people that are interested don't have to go through that queue to get together and test Dominion (and other maps).

cheezzyy

11-23-2012

Actually we could set up a PBE chat room for it. Make a PBE version of dominate dominion and make dominion customs with each other.

Demonite10

11-23-2012

Quote:
cheezzyy:
Actually we could set up a PBE chat room for it. Make a PBE version of dominate dominion and make dominion customs with each other.

This has already been setup. The issue is, there's always less than 5 people in there to make a game with. And then, say we do get enough people by recruiting from chat, they usually aren't our dedicated Dominion players who understand the meta or understand what the Dom community is concerned about.

Honestly, we just need more Dominioneers in the PBE.

cheezzyy

11-23-2012

Try visiting the dominion forum and recruiting dedicated players. Tell me the chat room on PBE and ill join it(though I won't join games too too often)I don't know everything about the meta but I know more than most.

Drakylon

11-23-2012

Thing is, for most of the day, recruiting people from the live server for PBE testing won't work because of the login queue: it's too long, people eventually just return to live, and Dominion remains untested. Those who actually do get in won't be enough to make a game, most likely.

Also, there's already a thread in the Dominion subforum about the DominateDominion chatroom in the PBE server, and one in the PBE subforum.