@Riot, Girls Generation Ahri

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chickenizgoodz

11-26-2012

great idea, but only reason I can see that would prevent Riot from doing this is the possibility of Riot paying royalties to Girls Generation and their music company for using their image, and considering they are extremely well known in Asia, not so much in the US, it would be pretty expensive

Mxie

11-26-2012

10/10 would ban-... buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenizgoodz View Post
great idea, but only reason I can see that would prevent Riot from doing this is the possibility of Riot paying royalties to Girls Generation and their music company for using their image, and considering they are extremely well known in Asia, not so much in the US, it would be pretty expensive
Riot has already used their dance moves 3 times iirc (Ahri, Shyvana, and Syndra). They've made of reference skins, but as far as I know haven't had to pay any sort of royalties.

Edit: What the guy below me said.

ToasTersTruggle

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antareis View Post
They probably won't do this due to a few major reason; the rights they'd have to accrue will cost quite a lot after contacting first off the management in the K-pop industry, then the members of Girls Generation, and finally certain sales labels or contractual obligation people that have ties to that costume for Girls Generation, like the designers of their costume etc. It not only ends up with large costs but also a fairly large pile of work that requires international processes, researching, and looking around. On top of that, there's also the chance that if they do choose to release this... the Korean LoL board or brand may possibly make it a Korea only edition maybe, depends. For all these factors it's better to hold off on hope and use this as a custom skin as much as we'd like everyone to see it while we're playing as well.. :S just my 2 cents. And yes copyright infringement is a ***** even though creativity rocks, but it's also to protect your creative ideas if you come up with one :S.
Yellow Jacket Shen. King Rammus. Super Teemo.

Uh.... Pop Star Ahri? Riot is clever aren't they?

Blackgamma

11-26-2012

roit plz

/singed

Deathswarrior

11-26-2012

Yes

chickenizgoodz

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxie View Post
10/10 would ban-... buy.

Riot has already used their dance moves 3 times iirc (Ahri, Shyvana, and Syndra). They've made of reference skins, but as far as I know haven't had to pay any sort of royalties.

Edit: What the guy below me said.
There's a difference between a dance move and their actual image. A dance move may be used to reference a person. For example: let say Girls Generation sued Riot for their dance moves. Riot can argue the dance moves are similar based on coincidence, as well as people around the world use girls generation's dance moves, therefore they can't sue Riot without sueing everyone else, however utilizing someone's image can affect someone's reputation and status. Also someone's image is a lot less vague and easy to pick out than dance moves

Handsome AZN

11-26-2012

bump

Artemiss

11-26-2012

라이엇제발!
^
Red posted, means Riot please!

blakstar1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

라이엇제발!

Ahri Main

11-26-2012

라이엇제발!