What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kokiron

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Telandra View Post
This is stupid, the point of buying legacy skins was that they would be unique in the sense that no one could buy them anymore. bringing them back reduces the value of a legacy skin. I seriously want a refund on any legacy skins i bought during last "retiring skin sales"... I bought them because they would never be available again and that would be cool to have skins no longer available...
It was never said that they wouldn't be coming back temporarily from time to time that I know of.

If you want something that's not going to be coming back, then grab LIMITED skins when they're out, not legacy ones.

Victorious

Recruiter

11-23-2012

Realistically, before it was announced that the Black Friday sale would not exist, there was several rumors surrounding the overall idea of this year's supposed sale. While, by no means can I be considered a professional, it would seem economical to cater to the overall themes that people expected from the nonexistent Black Friday sale.

1) Skins being retired as legacy skins at heavily reduced prices with their respective champions also on sale.
2) The return of all legacy skins retired last Black Friday, and made temporarily available.

Realistically, I know not only myself but a large group of my friends, who all attend my local university, expected the two options above to occur. Not only that, but I knew just which skins I expected to buy and to enjoy.

If Crimson Akali, Pharaoh Amumu, Vizier Malzahar, Leopard Nidalee, or Yellow Jacket Shen went on sale, I had planned on buying the respective skin or all the listed skins.

Ming Zhao Ri

Recruiter

11-23-2012

Nice =)

Eristhetic

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg III View Post
Festive Maokai is legacy, right?
He is but I don't think any of the holiday legacy skins are included in this.

Toysoldier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

The only legacy skins to bring back would be the old Legendary skins. Otherwise don't bring them back.

Kwazzimoto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Telandra View Post
This is stupid, the point of buying legacy skins was that they would be unique in the sense that no one could buy them anymore. bringing them back reduces the value of a legacy skin. I seriously want a refund on any legacy skins i bought during last "retiring skin sales"... I bought them because they would never be available again and that would be cool to have skins no longer available...

You obviously couldn't read then either....

They made a new tier of skin that COULD come back. If they didn't have the possibility of coming back they would have called them limited and would not have made a new definition of type of skin.

winning1

11-23-2012

yellow jacket shen and frozen shen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

The Mechy

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoE434 View Post
Lol, +1

VexTheHex

11-23-2012

I voted for the last two options as they are the only two that really feel like a special event and offer something awesome. I'm not sure I understand the huge appeal of the option that is currently winning, it's just a regular sale except with 10 skins instead of 3. >.>

Madkhatz

11-23-2012

Ugh want my vote back.
Was hoping for some of the better old skins
But their all season skins.

Depressing.

I'll take the ip boost instead cause most of the legeacy skins are just recolors, vs fun skins of our fav champs which some of us were'nt here to buy when they came out. Or in my case for one, had a family issue to deal with.