What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eat Orange Be K

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
@Hippalus - I thought last years christmas skins also counted as legacy (leblanc, maokai, heimer, and 1 more that I forgot).
The gist I'm getting from the list is that while they are legacy, they wouldn't be considered for the sale (supposedly because they only want to offer seasonal legacy returns during their respective seasonal events)

PaltokoDx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

I like the boosts if it begins a Latin American server

Illyriomysterio

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubyboulin View Post
With all the old players so concerned with their limited edition skins staying special, I say Riot create some new skins and make them only available to players who don't already own a limited edition skin. Then we'll see how much the old players like exclusivity.
Well aren't you just a spiteful little troll. >.>

Edit: Five people are fond of spiting others "to make them see what it feels like." Being self-centered ftw.

S0rter

11-23-2012

Quote:
With all the old players so concerned with their limited edition skins staying special, I say Riot create some new skins and make them only available to players who don't already own a limited edition skin. Then we'll see how much the old players like exclusivity.
Haha that should sting them! But again that is not the point. No need for any "supremacy" "exclusivity" wars. The only skins that should not be available are the ones requiring you going to a physical event.

Xyrne

11-23-2012

C'mon peeps.. Those Legacy skins were retired for a reason: they suck. The ones that weren't recolors are just obviously inferior to the newer ones. It's not even including the holiday ones.

Also I would smother someone for a chance at Silent Night Sona.

Demonic Pigg

11-23-2012

Hippalus, that's just a list of possible legacy skins to come back right? So how many out of them would come back??

Amariithynar

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0rter View Post
See, skins from like Pax or Championships or events I could not possibly attend to are fine to not be acquired by all since you had to make a commitment to buy a ticket and go to the event. But this is different. And if this IS true then the Limited oldies should BE moved to Legacy and be part of this sale.

And to those that say that someone shouldn't get them because they themselves couldn't at that time, I am fighting for you ^^ lol. In all seriousness, Riot should re-evaluate their stance on this.
This is my stance on the issue as well; Event skins where you have to go to the location (or buy them during the event) are fine... Halloween, New Years, Christmas, etc all come once a year, every year. Seasonal skins should be seasonal, not exclusive to a specific year.

Odegrar

11-23-2012

Skins that were never on sale - I want Infernal Alistar >.<

violetsandpiper

11-23-2012

Quote:
That's totally different though. The people don't like the fact that newer players could be able to get the same content as them because they were SPECIFICALLY TOLD THE CONTENT WOULD BE EXCLUSIVE. They were there supporting the game at the time of the skin release, they were told they would no longer be sold again. How are you guys not understanding this? The skins should not be sold again.

Shadow Master

11-23-2012

Why is 50% off boosts so unpopular...?

I've been playing for ages at level 30 and yet I still don't have all the runes I need for my runepages.