What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SugàrFreeMints

11-23-2012

I want my exclusive skins stays exclusive !

NVDax

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
We will be putting together a sale event after the holidays and would like to give players input into what goes on sale. Vote for what you’d like to see included in the sale, and feel free to add any additional feedback/ideas in the thread below.
  • 50% off boosts
  • 50% off rune pages
  • RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September)
  • 50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale)
  • 75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault)
  • 50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store)

EDIT - to clarify the last option, the legacy skins that would go on sale at 50% off are skins that were previously retired during sales events, NOT holiday skins or limited edition skins such as Kitty Kat Katarina. The list of eligible skins includes:

Crimson Akali
Matador Alistar
Pharaoh Amumu
Red Riding Annie
Annie In Wonderland
Safari Caitlyn
Nightmare Cho'Gath
Red Baron Corki
Mr. Mundoverse
Toxic Dr. Mundo
Masquerade Evelynn
Nottingham Ezreal
Desert Trooper Garen
Scuba Gragas
Alien Invader Heimerdinger
Angler Jax
Phantom Karthus
Unmasked Kayle
Swamp Master Kennen
Sonoran Kog'Maw
Shamrock Malphite
Vizier Malzahar
Dragon Knight Mordekaiser
Leopard Nidalee
Sasquatch Nunu
Blacksmith Poppy
Noxus Poppy
Professor Ryze
Workshop Shaco
Frozen Shen
Yellow Jacket Shen
Hextech Sion
Spectacular Sivir
Emerald Taric
Badger Teemo
Firefighter Tristana
Highland Tryndamere
The Magnificent Twisted Fate
Kingpin Twitch
Butcher Urgot
Feral Warwick
Time Machine Zilean
I could kiss you right now! Three skins I really wanted being brought back!!!!

Illyriomysterio

11-23-2012

Quote:
Yes, if the voting is close, we will err on the side of doing more rather than less. Option #5 is tracking closely at this point as well, especially since the edit.
This in and of itself should amend distrust in Hippalus. If people are still qq'ing after this, it's just part of the "riot is evil" shtick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJay Saint View Post
What about the people who voted for 6 that actually knew it was Legacy skins, not Limited? I want Safari Caitlyn, Crimson Akali, Yellow Jacket Shen, Masquerade Evelynn, Leopard Nidalee, and Spectacular Sivir. Please bring those back :/
I'm not sure that you read it, but in the same quote you picked up, he said if #6 were still polling close they'd pick it up as well (they fully intend to grab two of the options anyway)

DJay Saint

11-23-2012

Quote:
I am tracking the votes between #4 and #6 since I added the addditional clarity to the post. They are tracking very closely since then, which likely means both will be included in the sale event.
What about the people who voted for 6 that actually knew it was Legacy skins, not Limited? I want Safari Caitlyn, Crimson Akali, Yellow Jacket Shen, Masquerade Evelynn, Leopard Nidalee, and Spectacular Sivir. Please bring those back :/

Spidehwebb

11-23-2012

Have Riot specified why this years Harrowing event skins are considered legacy while all other events are limited edition?

Let Me Blow You

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-23-2012

Red Riding Annie

Nottingham Ezreal

Yellow Jacket Shen

Spectacular Sivir

Riot plis

murlocmancer

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FossaFerox View Post
That makes zero sense.

When the skins were sold they were sold with the promise that they would NEVER be for sale again. People bought them with that in mind. You cannot reverse that nor can you reclassify them without going back on that promise.

If Riot simply wanted to make some extra money they'd do it in a heartbeat, but the company has integrity.

Also, consider this. 90% of you who want Limited Edition skins want them BECAUSE they're rare. If everyone had Kitty Katarina she wouldn't be nearly as alluring as she is.

Edit:

This doesn't hold true for Legacy skins since Legacy was DEFINED as skins that would be available again periodically but not available all the time. Some of the Legacy skins are the best (or in some cases, the only good) skins for that champ.

Safari Caitlyn is a good example. Only skin she has where she doesn't look like a stripper or an 80s movie communist.
FACT: Bewitching Nidalee is best nidalee skin...That is all I want

Rogise

11-23-2012

Put Kitty cat Katarina up and ill buy it full price

S0rter

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Orange Be K View Post
iirc They said that once the legacy system went into place, they'd never create any more limited skins other than event (physical event) skins. Which would be another "commitment". Which also fits, since the only two they've had since have been Riot Graves (Convention Skin) and Championship Riven (WC Event Skin)
See, skins from like Pax or Championships or events I could not possibly attend to are fine to not be acquired by all since you had to make a commitment to buy a ticket and go to the event. But this is different. And if this IS true then the Limited oldies should BE moved to Legacy and be part of this sale.

And to those that say that someone shouldn't get them because they themselves couldn't at that time, I am fighting for you ^^ lol. In all seriousness, Riot should re-evaluate their stance on this.

Stark Midnight

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Flame View Post
Have Riot specified why this years Harrowing event skins are considered legacy while all other events are limited edition?
They have specified it a million times by now. how about searching for the answer.