What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkyForger

11-23-2012

why is it a multiple choice poll? o_o

S0rter

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom147 View Post
You do realize that by making Kitty Cat Katarina on sale you would make so many people happy.
I love to make ppl happy ^^. If I was at Riot with the power to make the big decisions about what to sell at what price I would abolish anything that prevents my customers from buying, and by extension giving me money, a product they want and would fire the individual who suggested it. Among my hardest attempt at removing bias towards or against certain champs/archetypes.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

11-23-2012
9 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0rter View Post
Well as long as there is no Kitty Kat this poll and sale is pointless. As is the corporate decision to PURPOSEFULLY lose money. Does this mean Riot is so rich they don't care if they don't sell certain items? GG Capitalism OP!
Riot made a commitment years ago to the players that bought them that it would not create additional copies of Kitty Kat Katarina and other Limited Edition skins. We would obviously love to sell them to new players, but despite what you might hear frequently in GD, greed does not drive decisions at Riot.

Xelsia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

To all you people saying rerelease Kitty Kat Katarina.
You need to understand.
Riot made a commitment to the players that they would not open up that skin for buying again.
They can't sell that skin without making the current owners of that skin unhappy.
I'm all for them rereleasing some of the older limited edition skins. I'd pay an arm and a leg for Silent Night Sona. But limited edition means limited edition

Cearus

11-23-2012

Votes for limited edition to be brought back?

Shinrasaa

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom147 View Post
You do realize that by making Kitty Cat Katarina on sale you would make so many people happy.
But that would be unfair to older buyers They bought the skin under the impression it would not return ever. Which is a shame, because skins like Kitty Cat, Definitely Not Blitzcrank and others are fantastic. But they can't break the promise made without the original players agreeing.

Well, back to topic, can't you do all? Like, one big super sale?
Or at least bring back some old legacy skins, retire some older skins and have a big sale for newer skins? With these three options, you would make a lot of players happy

SkyForger

11-23-2012

Why is this a multiple choice poll? it make no sense, and ruins the poll -_-

BeastBox

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0rter View Post
I still don't understand how a business hates making money. In case of Legacy and Limited, for the former can't they just be re-draw if the only reason for them to be legacy is because they looks shabby, and for the latter if I had a business I would fire the person that made this suggestion as it would be losing me a metric ton of profits.

Can someone explain why legacy are never to be seen again same as Limited (which is a COMPLETE loss of profits)?
Retiring skins makes them rarer, which increases their value, which increases sales short-term. I also guarentee the holiday skins sell way more than they would have if they weren't limited edition ...

Man The Devil

11-23-2012

Are you guys going to bring those legeacy skins back to vault again after the sale? Im talking about the #7

Sarcon

11-23-2012

Would love to get the Safari Caitlyn skin