What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJay Saint

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raving Killa View Post
This is rather ****ty of you Riot. All those skins that I bought that were limited and never to be sold again, are not going to be sold, and for cheaper then before. I am now not going to use any of these skins again. Thanks Riot for ****ing over the people that actually spend the money on your limited availability skins. Not sure why you would do that to people.
Why do people keep confusing legacy skins with limited edition skins? It's really not a hard concept, just takes a little reading comprehension.

LIMITED EDITION skins are sold as a one time only thing, and not going to be sold again.

LEGACY skins are sold, some times at a reduced rate if they are being retired (unless legendary), with the intent to MAYBE bring them back for sale again in the future.

At no point, ever, did Riot state that legacy skins would never be sold again. It was even in a stickied thread that has been on top of General Discussion for months and months on end (stickied on top of the announcements forum now).

I don't understand all these entitled brats that come in to the thread whining about "but waah he shouldn't get to have what I have because I'm more special!" and then going "omfg riot never buying rp or skins again wtf!". Seriously, they are LEGACY skins that are being resold, not LIMITED edition.

It was clearly written out that legacy skins CAN be resold again in the future. Every one of you who bought legacy skins knew damn well that was the case when you bought them, so stop arguing "but they aren't supposed to be resold again!" because you're wrong and you KNOW you are wrong.

Get off your damn high horses and stop with the "nobody else deserves this because I said so" garbage. Seriously tired of people whining every time Riot does something. Are they reselling Kitty Cat Katarina? No. So shut up already.

Praiz Qt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

I thought I'd want all of them, but then I scanned the list and no Kat skins

andkiller

11-28-2012

and pax jax.? plz

unkull

11-28-2012

I was getting my hopes up for the possibility to purchase Team Spirit Anivia this time as soon as (if ) it came on sale, rather than wait until the last possible minute to log in and attempt to buy it like last year with no success...

sux

11-28-2012

Excited for Crimson Akali like wHAT

bussta boy

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
That's the plan. They were retired because they were not up to the quality standards of newer Legendary skins, and like all retired Legacy skins, they are eligible to go on sale at a price that better reflects the current quality standards. Those who bought them at full price owned them for months or years longer than those who will have the opportunity to buy them on sale, and therefore got more value out of them.

As always, Legendaries that are currently active in the store will not go on sale.
OMG I get to buy Red Baron corki such an amazing skin just not 1800 amazing

tanker

11-28-2012

Red Baron Corki , Mr. Mundoverse, Leopard Nidalee, Blacksmith Poppy, Spectacular Sivir, Kingpin Twitch, Angler Jax. These are the skins I plan on buying already saved up 2k RP planning to treat myself to $50 for christmas and wait for these sells! I really regret not buying leaopard nidalee and all these other skins when they were out XD.

hexagland

11-28-2012

What I really want to see is a "champions bundle" where you get a steep bulk discount (the current champions bundle is over 75% off what you would pay if you bought all 20 champs individually at full RP price), but where you get to PICK what champions go into the bundle, and then you get the bulk discount. I bet there are PLENTY of people that would pay $ for that.

wootini

11-28-2012

Not a fan of this.
I think those special skins should be a limited time only thing and not be available after they expired.
It seems unfair to the people who purchased them at the time... being told they were limited time only and also a higher $$$ for them too!
(I did not purchase any of these limited skins, I am looking at it from the fairness stand point)

Ikuuu

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootini View Post
Not a fan of this.
I think those special skins should be a limited time only thing and not be available after they expired.
It seems unfair to the people who purchased them at the time... being told they were limited time only and also a higher $$$ for them too!
(I did not purchase any of these limited skins, I am looking at it from the fairness stand point)
They're re-releasing legacy skins, not limited skins.