What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerraRising

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
***EDIT - Final Poll Results***

The results of the poll are in and the result is a virtual dead heat between option #4 and #6, each with approximately 15.5K votes across the 4 regions that participated (NA, EUW, EUNE and BR). The combined vote tally is:
  • 1,522 - 50% off boosts
  • 5,076 - 50% off rune pages
  • 5,249 - RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September)
  • 15,476 - 50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale)
  • 11,679 - 75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault)
  • 15,487 - 50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store)

Therefore our plan is as follows:

1) On January 11, the regular Friday sale will be replaced by a Skin Super Sale which will include some skins never before on sale (not Legendaries or other ineligible skins). As usual, three champions will also be on sale.

2) At some point between now and the end of January, the 42 Legacy skins below will come back into the store for a limited time at 50% off their regular price:

Crimson Akali
Matador Alistar
Pharaoh Amumu
Red Riding Annie
Annie In Wonderland
Safari Caitlyn
Nightmare Cho'Gath
Red Baron Corki
Mr. Mundoverse
Toxic Dr. Mundo
Masquerade Evelynn
Nottingham Ezreal
Desert Trooper Garen
Scuba Gragas
Alien Invader Heimerdinger
Angler Jax
Phantom Karthus
Unmasked Kayle
Swamp Master Kennen
Sonoran Kog'Maw
Shamrock Malphite
Vizier Malzahar
Dragon Knight Mordekaiser
Leopard Nidalee
Sasquatch Nunu
Blacksmith Poppy
Noxus Poppy
Professor Ryze
Workshop Shaco
Frozen Shen
Yellow Jacket Shen
Hextech Sion
Spectacular Sivir
Emerald Taric
Badger Teemo
Firefighter Tristana
Highland Tryndamere
The Magnificent Twisted Fate
Kingpin Twitch
Butcher Urgot
Feral Warwick
Time Machine Zilean

There was also a lot of interest in a skin retirement sale so we will pursue that a little later in 2013. The rune page sale and extra bonus RP promotions were well received in 2012 and will likely make comebacks later in 2013 as well. Boost sales, however, will go back into the idea dustbin.

Thanks for participating!
This "event" had the potential to be great, in light of your department derping on Black Friday... Instead, you have merely come up with a slightly bigger sale than normal and you're deferring other suggestions to the "soon (tm)" pile.

To say I'm severely disappointed is not strong enough.

LSA

11-28-2012

So is Urf Warwick legacy or limited?

Incredible Huah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Yes skin super sale!

smXho

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
That's the plan. They were retired because they were not up to the quality standards of newer Legendary skins, and like all retired Legacy skins, they are eligible to go on sale at a price that better reflects the current quality standards. Those who bought them at full price owned them for months or years longer than those who will have the opportunity to buy them on sale, and therefore got more value out of them.

As always, Legendaries that are currently active in the store will not go on sale.
Can I get a refund on annie in the wonderland? Because putting any legendary skin on sale ever is ridiculous

LordFeint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoro View Post
Are the Lunar Revel skins eligible for this sale?
I hope so.
I'd like to get Dragonblade Talon and the Lee Sin skin, but so not worth 975.

iainB85

11-28-2012

Too bad you can't down vote options on a pole... if you could I bet option #6 wouldn't even be close to as a contender. The mass of players who voted for this are the newer players flooding this game wanting to look like veterans. I'd have a lot more respect if you left these in the legacy vault instead of pulling a money grubbing "Disney vault" style on us and make the skins not rare or unique at all, and only use the concept of a vault to make people pay money for old stuff still.

smXho

11-28-2012

I know legendary skin such as Annie in the wonderland and the Magnificent Twisted fate is outclassed by current ones, but that does not justify it being on sale for 50%, it is ridiculous, might as well not call it legendary, but call it expensive skin in the first place.

Also in terms of legacy skin, Moneypenny did announce last Dec that Snowdown showdown 2011 skins are all Legacy, so why aren't they bringing any of that back??

SculptorOvFlesh

11-28-2012

The fact that they never fixed this poll and allowed people to vote for all options baffles me. Once again Riot ****s the dog. My holiday money will be going to SOE.

S0rter

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SculptorOvFlesh View Post
The fact that they never fixed this poll and allowed people to vote for all options baffles me. Once again Riot ****s the dog. My holiday money will be going to SOE.
I am already working on buying Katarina for their 70% off KITTY KAT SALE! Go Singapore! We all knew that non-NA locations had more choice.

P.S. Garena get TWICE as many free champs on their rotation then us: http://lol.garena.com/news/content/1...pions-2711-212

SculptorOvFlesh

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0rter View Post
I am already working on buying Katarina for their 70% off KITTY KAT SALE! Go Singapore! We all knew that non-NA locations had more choice.
Lol Dat Garena..Riot will never learn...