What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Green929392

11-28-2012

Highland Tryndamere, here i come!

S0rter

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drejul View Post
It's about time you make every skin ever made available for purchase indefinitely. Makes you millions and a ton of players very happy.
I second that. It confuses me as to why this has not been the case from the get go. More skins = more money for Riot because of greater variety of choice for customers. Just do it.

Tadrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

I will have you know I'm so excited. I will be able to buy my only missing Taric skin!

AthleteBro

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drejul View Post
It's about time you make every skin ever made available for purchase indefinitely. Makes you millions and a ton of players very happy.
But they won't because they "made a promise" to everyone having limited skins...which promise apparently they only care about until they can get away with a Garena sale because that's too far away and "stupid NA and EU won't notice anyway"
Next thing they will start selling the season one Kayle skin there too and we still won't get to buy any limited skins.

How can they not realise how much money is in limited skins now?
After champion remakes and all that money they spent remaking limited skins as well they could more than cover their expenses with even a one day sale. But that's Riot logic for you.

Maha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Were the votes REALLY that close?

1 vote difference between 1st and second?

2pudge1cup

11-28-2012

so are we getting anything to reflect option #5 too?

TerraRising

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
I have updated the original post in this thread with the final poll results from the 4 regions that participated.
And no response to the hundred pages of critiques, suggestions and other issues regarding this post. No wonder people in marketing get such reputations... =\

LuckyLongshot

11-28-2012

Quote:
That's the plan. They were retired because they were not up to the quality standards of newer Legendary skins, and like all retired Legacy skins, they are eligible to go on sale at a price that better reflects the current quality standards. Those who bought them at full price owned them for months or years longer than those who will have the opportunity to buy them on sale, and therefore got more value out of them.

As always, Legendaries that are currently active in the store will not go on sale.
By that logic, why weren't they put on sale when they retired? It was already known that they weren't to the current legendary standard, but the price remained the same despite all other retiring skins getting a significant discount. I made my personal purchase of a retiring legendary skin based on the fact that the skin was being retired and even if it was brought back, others would still have to pay the same price I did, because the the quality of new legendary skins had already risen (Pulsefire Ez) and the price was kept the same despite that. Now I feel I would have much rather waited for this sale. :/

Skoro

11-28-2012

Quote:

1) On January 11, the regular Friday sale will be replaced by a Skin Super Sale which will include some skins never before on sale (not Legendaries or other ineligible skins). As usual, three champions will also be on sale.
Are the Lunar Revel skins eligible for this sale?

Sakuya

11-28-2012

I may just not buy any more RP until I get Silent Night Sona.