What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I love cat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

.. earlier this year I purchased red baron corki at FULL price even though it is obviously not worth that price tag if compared to other legendaries, I didn't really mind though because I like the skin and hoped for a model upgrade. Then when riot said they would not give it an upgrade I was kinda sad but then it become a legacy skin that others couldn't get, that was ok I guess.. But that wasn't even that far back and now it's going to be 50% off? Why is it legacy then? If I had known legendary skins could eventually go on sale like this I would have never purchased it.

Kahless

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
That's the plan. They were retired because they were not up to the quality standards of newer Legendary skins, and like all retired Legacy skins, they are eligible to go on sale at a price that better reflects the current quality standards. Those who bought them at full price owned them for months or years longer than those who will have the opportunity to buy them on sale, and therefore got more value out of them.

As always, Legendaries that are currently active in the store will not go on sale.
Thanks for the explanation . Looking forward to get Red Baron Corki and a bunch of other skins of course

MrHarz

11-28-2012

Is there any reason that the 2011 Snowdown Showdown skins are excluded from the list even though they're Legacy?

Illyriomysterio

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ice Prince View Post
.. earlier this year I purchased red baron corki at FULL price even though it is obviously not worth that price tag if compared to other legendaries, I didn't really mind though because I like the skin and hoped for a model upgrade. Then when riot said they would not give it an upgrade I was kinda sad but then it become a legacy skin that others couldn't get, that was ok I guess.. But that wasn't even that far back and now it's going to be 50% off? Why is it legacy then? If I had known legendary skins could eventually go on sale like this I would have never purchased it.
The skin was released 2 years ago (retired this year, but still). Considering how long it's been out, it's a decent amount of time. Otherwise you're saying you wish they'd known what they would do in the future.

Sinfell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Hippalus, by the fact that 2011 Christmas skins weren't included, does that means they are coming back in this Christmas?

Mirana Arashi

11-28-2012

If the sale is supposed to bring "Legacy" skins back , why are the Snowdown Showdown 2011 skins and this year's Harrowing/Shadow Isles skins not on the list? I thought those were Legacy skins too.

I love cat

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyriomysterio View Post
The skin was released 2 years ago (retired this year, but still). Considering how long it's been out, it's a decent amount of time. Otherwise you're saying you wish they'd known what they would do in the future.
your point? I don't see one.

Psilocysuntrip

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
I have updated the original post in this thread with the final poll results from the 4 regions that participated.
I'm kind of sad. There have been a handful of skins that I wanted but I've been waiting for the "75% vault", just because it'd seem they'd be likely to be vaulted and 'cause I get RP on rare occasions. One assumes that a company will follow "the usual practices" and yes, I'm aware that's an assumption, but Riot gave us no reason to expect different since Black Friday and Cyber Monday are huge.

I was hoping that you would take the 'Top 3' into at least consideration so I hope that you still do, perhaps for the future.

We are not all 'Money Bags.'

CowInSpace13

11-28-2012

Will it be 10 skins plus the legacy skins, or will the legacy skins be part of the 10 skins on sale?

Drejul

11-28-2012

It's about time you make every skin ever made available for purchase indefinitely. Makes you millions and a ton of players very happy.