What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerraRising

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
We are working on ways that players who own Limited Edition skins like Kitty Kat Katarina can sell them to players who don't. There are several challenges with implementing this kind of system, one of which is that demand will be much higher than supply, which could mean prices of 5,000 RP for some of the rarer skins.
Another point to this, frankly, ridiculous notion: I find it disturbing that Riot wouldn't consider other options, like creating a pallete swap of Kitty Kat Katarina for new players, and electing to have some sort of Diablo 3-like Real Money Auction House. If ANYTHING would create a toxic environment for League, it would be that.

Mafia Teemo

11-27-2012

My suggestions:
1. Do not put all legacy back at one time.
The definition of legacy skins already explains that they would come back. However, if u put all legacy skins back at the same time, people would rush to buy them. Then, the legacy skins will be no longer rare. Later, no one would value it. In my opinion, Riot could put back one or two legacy skins at a proper time. For example, Professor Ryze on Teacher's day.
2. Retire some old skins
I really enjoy the feeling of losing something. In that case, I would value it more. There are already plenty of skins in the store. So, it doesn't matter if u retire one skin of champions who have more than three available skins(like Ashe, KogMaw, Teemo)
3. If possible, let players choose five 50%off skins as they like.
The option three is "50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale)". I would prefer if I can decide which skins to be on sale. For me, I play top lane most, usually Riven, Darius, Wukong. However, if u decide to sale Kennen's, KogMaw's, TF's skins on sale. I would never buy them. Then, these would be waste choices to me. So, if u let player to choose which one they want 50% off, they can get all what they like. Every player would willingly spend that 487*5 = 2435RP.

sG Ice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Bump for Hippalus

Ling Chi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Bumps for votes.

Mr Mixtape

11-27-2012

OMG I would do anything to get my hands on Angler Jax and Workshop Shaco

ClamPaint

11-27-2012

I got my legacy skins thinking they would never be brought back... That is unfair.

smbz

11-27-2012

hang on they said that legendary legacy skins wont be brought back well what about Alien Invader heimerdinger. I really want that legacy skin so does that mean that it wont be brought back. ????

Andy707

11-27-2012

nidalee skin pls

Truly Outrageous

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClamPaint View Post
I got my legacy skins thinking they would never be brought back... That is unfair.
What is? Your lack of reading comprehension no doubt stemming from a sub-standard public education system?

Thysan

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
We will be putting together a sale event after the holidays and would like to give players input into what goes on sale. Vote for what you’d like to see included in the sale, and feel free to add any additional feedback/ideas in the thread below.
  • 50% off boosts
  • 50% off rune pages
  • RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September)
  • 50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale)
  • 75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault)
  • 50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store)

EDIT - to clarify the last option, the legacy skins that would go on sale at 50% off are skins that were previously retired during sales events, NOT holiday skins or limited edition skins such as Kitty Kat Katarina. The list of eligible skins includes:

Annie In Wonderland
Alien Invader Heimerdinger
Firefighter Tristana
The Magnificent Twisted Fate

EDIT2 - Global results will be posted here and on Reddit on Wednesday after the poll is closed.
I see how it is. 3 months ago you retire the 4 or was it 5 old crappy legendary skins above that I bolded claiming "get them now! They won't be available again!" Then 3 months later you put them on sale at 50% off after having already extorted other people for almost 10,000 RP. GG Scumbag Riot. GG.