What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sisuwolf

Recruiter

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherms24 View Post
I can understand not releasing the Limited Edition skins again because you said you wouldn't. However disappointing it is to me and MILLIONS of others.

The question i have is this, is there any way to look at all the inactive accounts and see which ones have said Limited Edition skins? I for one, have NEVER seen a Limited Edition skin used by a single player, other than pros who have been here since the beta. (OddOne rolls Haunting Noc almost exclusively, but that will change when his new skin comes out!)

The other question i have is if there is a way to give people who joined this year, and have a certain amount of games played in said year a couple skins, (like maybe 3-5) that only they can get! I understand this will make some people angry, but most of those people are going to be people that have or at least had the chance to get a limited edition skin that a lot of us would gladly pay for. I see no harm in releasing a set of season 2 skins just for people who joined during season 2. Would be 975RP or higher for sure, and would only be available for like 3 days, during christmas or something similar maybe.

Again, i understand people will be upset, but maybe once they see a skin they really want, that they can't have, they will see what it feels like to be denied something, simply due to the date in which you started playing the game!
Your last sentence seems pretty spiteful doesn't it. I mean wanting others to be mad over an issue simply cause you are mad at it. I can see how you would want some Limited Edition skins as I want some too that I don't have. However, Riot said when these ones were sold that they would only be sold then. It does suck but I support Riot for standing behind their word and not releasing these skins even though I want some of them.

Legacy skins are a different matter though. Riot never promised they would not be released again so no one should be complaining about the exclusivity of these skins since that is not what they were intended to be when sold. Riot has always planned on releasing these Legacy skins again at some point. Or at least it seems like they have been planning on re-releasing them since this post or earlier.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1621978
Please make it this January. I will definitely buy a few skins if Riot does release the Legacy skins again.

Zerocaliber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddyhoke View Post
You know, I started playing back in Season 1. I swore I would never spend money on a free online game, so i never bought any skins. not even limited edition ones. Even when they had the skin sale and started putting them into the vault, I never bought any RP. However, I have certainly changed my mind haha. I have spent well over 100$ in RP, and I regret all of those legacy and Limited edition skins that I didnt buy.

I would kill for them to be released from the vault, even just for a sale. I want to buy so many of them haha. And Hippa, I really hope you guys can Implement a system for trading/selling skins, I would Kill for a PAX TF that doesnt cost me 400$ on ebay.
Bad news for you. PAX skins won't be tradeable under the new system. PAX has a deal with Riot to never re-distribute those skins.

SoMuchSwag

11-26-2012

@ Hippalus
I am a fan of the RP bonus on purchases, in January it will be perfectly timed with the RP cards I will (hopefully) receive for X-mas. I understand that the larger bonus is applied to the more RP you purchase, but it kind of irks me to have multiple $25.00 USD RP cards, and know that I am missing out on precious bonus RP that I could potentially have if I could enter them as a $50.00 USD purchase of RP.
Is there anyway to apply bonus on a whole, for a time period? or roll multiple RP cards as one purchase?

S0rter

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisuwolf View Post
Your last sentence seems pretty spiteful doesn't it. I mean wanting others to be mad over an issue simply cause you are mad at it. I can see how you would want some Limited Edition skins as I want some too that I don't have. However, Riot said when these ones were sold that they would only be sold then. It does suck but I support Riot for standing behind their word and not releasing these skins even though I want some of them.

Legacy skins are a different matter though. Riot never promised they would not be released again so no one should be complaining about the exclusivity of these skins since that is not what they were intended to be when sold. Riot has always planned on releasing these Legacy skins again at some point. Or at least it seems like they have been planning on re-releasing them since this post or earlier.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1621978
Please make it this January. I will definitely buy a few skins if Riot does release the Legacy skins again.
I personally don't want certain skins because they are limited. It isn't my fault I like something but Riot decided to deny me access because I am 2 years too late. The label Limited is nothing more than an Access Denied sign and no one likes to be denied. At least give an opportunity.

Also Riot does not seem to realize that catering soulely to the old entitlement players will not grow their business. They need to cater to the new players all the time as they are the ones with the fresh dough that Riot needs to keep itself in business. Well I guess I actually need to speak to tencent not Riot as they own them now but w/e.

PS. Even Garena's FB is better: http://www.facebook.com/LoLGarena. Judgement Kayle in December? Woot Woot!

OhBoyItsaMegaman

11-26-2012

NAME CHANGE SALE WHERe

Kaze07

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
We are working on ways that players who own Limited Edition skins like Kitty Kat Katarina can sell them to players who don't. There are several challenges with implementing this kind of system, one of which is that demand will be much higher than supply, which could mean prices of 5,000 RP for some of the rarer skins.
Anyone with that Tobagen Corki skin willing to sell it in the future? If so add me please I'll be willing to pay a lot for it.

erosumikun

11-26-2012

@ HIPPO

About #4 Pls have riot show HUNTRESS SIVIR some <3 .Most ppl would expect a sale to buy her because she isnt worth even a fraction of the co$t in the bundle since most high level summoners own those bundle champs already and would be $IGNIFICANTLY ripped off if they bought the whole bundle just to get one average skin out of it for an unjustified pricetag. I personally own all the champs in the bundle already so show some <3 for the huntress skin with regard to the #4 vote option pls ...One more thing ...I dont think PAX siv is marked as limited edition in any way...so if shes viable could you guys bring her back under #4 pls. Thanks in advance.

'N check out the edit of my Kat/ Akali skin thread if you havent already ....Its lengthy as hell XD (but it wont bore you) so check it out whenever ...U can even have gangnamSTYLUS check it out (below)

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...8#post31734778

Orenin

11-26-2012

OMG why are people voting for a regular 50% off skin sale? thats the most boring option.

The best option is bonus RP in purchases.

Zeninth

11-26-2012

Has this been answered already but what skins would be included in option 5? I might be tempted to get Sinful Succulence Morgana for 75% off even though her Blackthorn skin is so sexy. Decisions decisions.

Oh and does option 4 include skins like the ones from Chinese New year (Guqin Sona, Dragonfist Lee Sin, etc)? That would be awesome!

Calibretto9

11-26-2012

Can we get Championship Riven opened back up for a short time? I just started the game a few weeks ago; the art is still in the store and I'd love a chance to snag that one!