Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Looking For Teacher [Vayne]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiabolusReborn

11-23-2012

Anyone that's really good on Vayne able to teach me how to play her?

Out of all the ADC's she seems to be the only one that isn't stale, and she seems to be the only ADC that can do amazing out-plays using her tumble.

I've got a champ for all lanes except adc, because I've found them to be so boring but I'm thinking of adding Vayne to complete my repertoire.

Patyfatycake

11-23-2012

I can help you abit(Not right now about to go to sleep). Im no pro at her but I understand how to play her.

Duhizy

11-23-2012

if you try to maximize your potential with vayne without either playing her a lot or maining ad your gunna have a bad time. I main ad and it took me months to adjust my playstyle to properly use her, the funny thing is, unless your doublelift, id say that you still havent mastered vayne to her highest point.

That being said a basic understanding of vayne is im guess what you need, for that its simple, you need to farm early game and dont start fights you cant win against champions like graves, ez, corki, mf, cait, etc because early game 90 percent of ads out trade you, especially if you only have a basic knowledge of her. Max Q and rush a blood thirster or max W and rush a phantom dancer, personally i only max Q and sometimes get a phantom dancer over blood thirster but its up to playstyle. After level 4 depending on how you play a lane you can trade damage against some champions, judge your damage and continue, after level 6 you actually win most match ups straight up if you play them correctly. early levels you want to use tumble to either go in and harass hard or save it to dodge an enemy skill shot to win the trade ex: bait out graves ult and tumble to the side to dodge ftw. The rest is mostly and experience thing so go play her.

Sir Jungleton

11-23-2012

add me in game. im currently on Barrtledoo (summoner name) ill teach you to vayne! lol

Mestaaja

11-24-2012

No it's Fiora.

Kaalika

11-24-2012

How do you not die on Vayne in early game?

Duhizy

11-24-2012

Quote:
Kaalika:
How do you not die on Vayne in early game?

its all about the positioning in the lane, try to stay behind the creeps against ez, corki, cait, sivir because their spells either do less damage or dont go through minions, use you tumble to dodge skills. Try for an in and out play style when farming, if its to far in and you think your going to take damage for going for the creep just leave it. Do you best not to push so that you have a better chance at good farm and use your support to pressure them off of you so you can get some farm, you dont want to push out until you can win fights because if you push then they can just deny you with the threat of burst. Other then that you the only reason you will die is if you engage to soon in the early game and you just lose a trade.

Kaiben

11-24-2012

Ah... thought this thread was about a new skin idea. No +1 for you.

Zhoutais

11-24-2012

early game vayne is all about her support. if you get a stun champ I max silver bolts and go attack speed boot and zeal before building bloodthirster. 2 dorans blades and a vamp cepter should give you enough sustain in lane for that build.
With this build when you come into lane your harassment tool is getting that third hit silverbolt proc for nice burst.