Shaco on new TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Yordle

11-23-2012

Hello TT people,

I'm currently exploring TT as a way to play some of my favorite champions that just don't fit on SR (either because of current meta or I don't play the lane(s) they work in on SR). I've had good success finding a new home for my precious Teemo (five skins for that little yordle!) and I'm looking to perhaps do the same for Shaco.

So does Shaco "work" in the new TT? I don't need him to be OP, just not total ****.

I'm curious as to how you all would suggest I build and play Shaco in a 3 v 3. I assume his boxes will be very good on the new ward-less map, even with their recent-ish nerfs, but does this mean the return of AP shaco, or should I be going straight up AD, or a mix?

I'm also curious as to what champions people would suggest as good synergy with Shaco for a 3 v 3 team (I queue with friends, so I have that luxury). Currently, I've been messing around with 2 tanky AD bruisers and a AP glass cannon with high mobility, but I'm not sure Shaco can fit that last role well.

Thank you for any non-trolly responses and I'm *very* new to TT so I will read your suggestions with an open mind.

AskKarthus

11-23-2012

I am no pro shaco, but shouldn't he always be AD?

Anyway, Shaco has always been decent, if not good in TT, and now that ganking shrines has become important, I think he will do fine.

Boo

11-23-2012

he's really strong with blade of the ruined king, because his clone procs the damage too. also he's like 1 of the only 3 champions that can gank top from bot lane, so his ganks are very strong too

Rumination

11-23-2012

This is just my opinion but shaco is a little lack-luster on the new map. The old Twisted Treeline, Shaco was a monster, but with no red buff on the new map it really hurts him. I think you can certainly play him, although I would stick him in the jungle and even then he pretty much has to get 2-3 successful ganks by the time level 6 rolls around or else he's in real danger of falling behind.

Taiyodori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

I once saw a Shaco raping my team. The map control from his boxes as well as his ganks on top/bot are amazing.
However, if you plan on jungling, he really suffers from his extremly low clearing speed at low lvls. If the enemy team shows a bit of early aggression, they can shut him down completely and maybe harder than on SR.
He really relies on those 2 or 3 successful early ganks.

Otherwise, you might just want to lane instead. Not sure about laning Shaco (infact never ever seen one), but it might work better than jungling. (Push -> gank/invade)