Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shaco on new TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Yordle

11-23-2012

Hello TT people,

I'm currently exploring TT as a way to play some of my favorite champions that just don't fit on SR (either because of current meta or I don't play the lane(s) they work in on SR). I've had good success finding a new home for my precious Teemo (five skins for that little yordle!) and I'm looking to perhaps do the same for Shaco.

So does Shaco "work" in the new TT? I don't need him to be OP, just not total ****.

I'm curious as to how you all would suggest I build and play Shaco in a 3 v 3. I assume his boxes will be very good on the new ward-less map, even with their recent-ish nerfs, but does this mean the return of AP shaco, or should I be going straight up AD, or a mix?

I'm also curious as to what champions people would suggest as good synergy with Shaco for a 3 v 3 team (I queue with friends, so I have that luxury). Currently, I've been messing around with 2 tanky AD bruisers and a AP glass cannon with high mobility, but I'm not sure Shaco can fit that last role well.

Thank you for any non-trolly responses and I'm *very* new to TT so I will read your suggestions with an open mind.

AskKarthus

11-23-2012

I am no pro shaco, but shouldn't he always be AD?

Anyway, Shaco has always been decent, if not good in TT, and now that ganking shrines has become important, I think he will do fine.

Boo

11-23-2012

he's really strong with blade of the ruined king, because his clone procs the damage too. also he's like 1 of the only 3 champions that can gank top from bot lane, so his ganks are very strong too

Rumination

11-23-2012

This is just my opinion but shaco is a little lack-luster on the new map. The old Twisted Treeline, Shaco was a monster, but with no red buff on the new map it really hurts him. I think you can certainly play him, although I would stick him in the jungle and even then he pretty much has to get 2-3 successful ganks by the time level 6 rolls around or else he's in real danger of falling behind.

Taiyodori

11-23-2012

I once saw a Shaco raping my team. The map control from his boxes as well as his ganks on top/bot are amazing.
However, if you plan on jungling, he really suffers from his extremly low clearing speed at low lvls. If the enemy team shows a bit of early aggression, they can shut him down completely and maybe harder than on SR.
He really relies on those 2 or 3 successful early ganks.

Otherwise, you might just want to lane instead. Not sure about laning Shaco (infact never ever seen one), but it might work better than jungling. (Push -> gank/invade)