Soraka

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bananers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-23-2009

Why does Soraka not get assists for healing her teammates, especially with wish. I mean you are assisting them by helping them not die.

Also I believe that wish should also restore mana as well. It just feels like it should to me.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-23-2009

Assists are assisting for actually killing someone. Unless your healing is somehow killing the other team, there's no reason you would get an assist.

There's no reason to NOT be spamming starcall anyway.

Bananers

Recruiter

11-23-2009

well what if a battle happens across the map and I am not able to get over there in time to use starcall/infuse/auto attack but I use wish to help my teammate(s) survive and they kill who ever they where fighting. Shouldnt I deserve a assist for that? Technically I did assist them in getting a kill.

Deathcrow

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananers View Post
well what if a battle happens across the map and I am not able to get over there in time to use starcall/infuse/auto attack but I use wish to help my teammate(s) survive and they kill who ever they where fighting. Shouldnt I deserve a assist for that? Technically I did assist them in getting a kill.
Dont' be so attached to your score. If you play a good Soraka your team will win end. Thats the only important factor anyway AND you will gain more IP/XP.

Bananers

Recruiter

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathcrow View Post
Dont' be so attached to your score. If you play a good Soraka your team will win end. Thats the only important factor anyway AND you will gain more IP/XP.
I know but Its would be just something nice to have.

Zirun

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aratrok the Merciless View Post
Assists are assisting for actually killing someone. Unless your healing is somehow killing the other team, there's no reason you would get an assist.
2v2 middle of the map while I'm bottom. One ally is almost dead, and both enemies stick around to kill him at low health. I use Wish, ally doesn't die, both enemies die.

Double kill and stopping an ally from dying with a heal.

I think that deserves an assist or two, don't you? I'm not saying it's necessary, but I just think something as huge as this in a fight is more valuable than a weak attack on each opponent.

Then again, I guess the real reward is that you helped your team.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

Adjudicator

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirun View Post
2v2 middle of the map while I'm bottom. One ally is almost dead, and both enemies stick around to kill him at low health. I use Wish, ally doesn't die, both enemies die.

Double kill and stopping an ally from dying with a heal.

I think that deserves an assist or two, don't you? I'm not saying it's necessary, but I just think something as huge as this in a fight is more valuable than a weak attack on each opponent.
No. You didn't assist in killing the opponents, you saved your team-mate from death.

Procylon

11-23-2009

The key here is that he wants the assist gold, not an extra number on his score at the end.

But honestly, does soraka need that assist gold to be viable?

Having a global heal should really be good enough, no? Instead of a mag resist passive, it could be cool if soraka's passive gave her gold every time a champion is affected by one of her heals?

Just a random thought.

1337SuperNewb

Recruiter

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procylon View Post
Having a global heal should really be good enough, no? Instead of a mag resist passive, it could be cool if soraka's passive gave her gold every time a champion is affected by one of her heals?

Just a random thought.
Not a bad thought, but I disagree; it would promote spamming it when it really isn't needed.

Skeith

11-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337SuperNewb View Post
Not a bad thought, but I disagree; it would promote spamming it when it really isn't needed.
This.

You can really get a lot of assists, and if you play Soraka really good, a lot of kills.
If this give you assists, using wish when isn't necessary will give you even more.