Hey GD... For those who have Diablo 3 gathering dust in a remote place..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RunningTapWater

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence View Post
I refunded that game 2 weeks after I got it, they took everything that made Diablo 2 fun and threw it away.

Oh, and they STILL don't have PvP. They just want you to grind the same bosses over and over again, which is super fun!

Same thoughts...Truly all I wanted was it to be Diablo 2 with better graphics and tweaking some of the different things you could do...
I liked it when you could skill your abilities how you wanted and be unique that way.

When I heard about the rune system for the first time I thought it was going to be you find the runes via monster drops and put them on your skills for unique effects. Sad day
;(

Coast2Coast

11-22-2012

Sorry but no, blizzard had the perfect opportunity to deliver an awesome game by looking at the success of diablo 2 LOD and improving on that system. Instead they threw everything out and made a ******* child of a diablo game.

"D2 sucked at release too" is not a valid excuse, you had the entire 10+ years and the years of understanding what made D2 good to learn from.

Look at valve with their games, portal 2 and CS:GO they take what made those games good and improved upon it in the second iteration.

Oversimplifying the game, removing tons of socketables, lazy unique design, and the worst to me, completely destroying the multiplayer aspect by making joining games completely random and allowing half as many players in a game.

D3 ruined blizzards rep for me and was the last blizz game ill ever buy.

edenechoes

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep1cLeprechaun View Post
Its because no one realized how long it took d2c to become the beacon of amazement it is today. It's been tweaked for a decade, and thats post release. A lot of games don't even last half of that in development.
D3 release > D2 release. And I was there for both.
LOD > 3 > 2.
Honestly? D2C sucked until patch 1.04. The game wasn't awesome until a year after its release with the release of D2X and patch 1.09.

Consider this. Patch 1.04 came out 4-5 months after D2C. D2X came out a year after D2C. Patch 1.09 came out two months after D2X.

Now map that with D3C. Five months later, you get Patch 1.05. Surprise! The game doesn't suck nearly as bad anymore. D3X is tentatively scheduled for Q2 2013.

D3 got screwed by unrealistic expectations and nostalgia. Anyone who thought release D3 wouldn't suck clearly had no knowledge of D2's history.

Darkmoone1

11-23-2012

Nope. Traded in for Torchlight 2. Do not regret a thing.

Igotsummons

11-23-2012

Problem with it is that people try to find gear to sell, not to use it for them selfs. And this is this way 'cause there is no reruns of chars (except HC), and really low drop rates on sets and legendaries on low levels, which prompts to "oh look I found this set item, lets try to find other for it then build my 10th wizard with it".

But I still find it good that you can try all the builds with one char, no need to build 100 different barbs to try everything fun :P

ProbablyTerribad

Recruiter

11-23-2012

This thread is now about how awesome Torchlight is.