Hey GD... For those who have Diablo 3 gathering dust in a remote place..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rampant Magic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

I highly suggest you try it again. I was one of those disappointed people during the first week of d3 who got into Inferno mode to find it nigh impossible without perfect gear, with incredibly imbalanced DHs, imbalanced monsters, useless witch doctors etc.. Gear meaning everything, one build per-character.. Huge disappointment over all.

One of my friends, who got into D3 a little later than most, and took his time leveling, convinced me to try D3 once again recently when patch 1.5 came out. At the time, I spent all my time playing Torchlight 2 and LoL... and... I was amazed. D3 is much much much better now. Honestly, if they had D3 the way it is now when it came out, it would've been a much bigger hit. There are many new systems which scale the difficulty, for try-hards and casuals, hardly any imba monsters (No more getting 1 shot as a fully geared, pure tank Barbarian in Inferno). Many more builds are viable on all of the characters, Witch Doctor isn't completely useless now.. It's way better!

Their new systems are reminiscent of Diablo 2. They have Uber bosses (Really difficult! However, you get an unlimited amount of tries against them (the portal never vanishes, even if you die)), Monster Power, which basically makes it so you can scale the difficulty when you're still leveling your characters in Normal, and makes Inferno easier to balance for the Diablo 3 team, as you can choose your own difficulty. The Nephalem Valor system is still required for farming, but its a fun system in my opinion. They've added paragon levels for improvements post 60 (more of a reward for long-playing people.. Not too noticeable unless you get to lv10+), Legendary items are actually Legendary now, 2-handed weapons are slightly viable now, and are planned to be buffed some more. Overall, it's way better, and I prefer it over Torchlight 2 now. With every patch, it's getting better and better too. I'm glad that Blizzard didn't give up on it after it's abandonment by the players.

Right now, the one problem is the playerbase is all gone. The only players as of now are die-hard diablo 3 fans. I've recently started playing it again, and I love it!! I suggest retrying it if you feel like taking a break from the League (it's a great stress-reliever after playing ranked!)

TL;DR: Diablo 3 is much better now, I suggest trying it again if you have free time!

Rushinq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

no

odbj

11-22-2012

Diablo 3 is garbage.

Quintessence

11-22-2012

I refunded that game 2 weeks after I got it, they took everything that made Diablo 2 fun and threw it away.

Oh, and they STILL don't have PvP. They just want you to grind the same bosses over and over again, which is super fun!

SlumlordThanatos

11-22-2012

Also, since you can purchase gold on the RMAH, gold is now utterly worthless, and the ONLY way to get the gear for Inferno mode without shelling out real money is to get lucky.

I got D3 for free, and I'm probably not gonna pick it back up.

Ginga

11-22-2012

The problem with D3 isn't that it was unplayable on release...okay it was a problem. But MANY Diablo fans left it once it became clear that it was changed so much that it's not even a Diablo game anymore.

Removal of skill tree practically killed it's level of replayability D2 had. Once you made a single character for every class, you're done with the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant Magic View Post

Their new systems are reminiscent of Diablo 2. They have Uber bosses (Really difficult! However, you get an unlimited amount of tries against them (the portal never vanishes, even if you die)),
In other words...completely missing the point of Uber bosses.

PS - MANDATORY ONLINE CONNECTION JUST TO PLAY. NO OFFLINE SINGLE PLAYER

SeattleReign

11-22-2012

D3 is trash the RMAH destroyed that game almost instantly

The Fatalii

11-22-2012

I bought it release day and traded it within a week. It had sooo much potential, but they made it so repetitive. Tis sad :/ i did like the atmosphere to

dogbiter

11-22-2012

not till 2 handed swords stop sucking

Ep1cLeprechaun

11-22-2012

Its because no one realized how long it took d2c to become the beacon of amazement it is today. It's been tweaked for a decade, and thats post release. A lot of games don't even last half of that in development.
D3 release > D2 release. And I was there for both.
LOD > 3 > 2.