Does Jax have any weaknesses?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sparticus69

11-24-2012

Hes an amazing laner but not really very good in teamfights... hes a dueling char

JJ Unbreakable

11-24-2012

Jax's problem is he hits hard with his one combo (jump and strike) but then he runs away.
Use someone who can punish him after he jumps in and win the trade.
Remember, if he jumps in, he can't jump out.
Also, he doesn't have the increased survivability of his ult pre-6.

A Riot post said he liked using Brand against Jax. His words; not mine.

ryzeonline

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compla View Post
Rumble... I didn't think of that.

Vlad though, can easily lose his lane to Jax. I've seen it happen in the World Championship, and I've done it myself. The trick is, like with Jax, to bait out the pool and punish him when it's on CD. The one who baits more effectively wins the lane/
Compla, you make really good points, at the same time, I sense some dismissiveness of some of the other ideas/suggestions that have been proposed here, and some of them have quite a bit of merit.

LOL is not a game of theory, these people may have solid, real experience doing well vs. Jax with these ideas. Perhaps you could give them a sincere try in 5-10 games or so? Experiment? Get creative? Expand on them instead of dismissing them?

Or you know, just keep saying how no one can counter Jax, get a petition started, and maybe Riot will nerf him for you

Either way, you seem to have awesome passion, intelligence and energy, I'd love to see it aimed towards something that's not : "X wont work, Y wont work, Z wont work"

Compla

11-25-2012

1) That's just some anecdotal evidence; it's not law. If someone sincerely believes otherwise then I feel they should push back.
2) Can't really test it myself, because everyone I play with suck; including myself. I can go out there and stomp any number of Vlads, but that doesn't mean Jax is good against him. I could also get stomped by, like, a really good Janna, but like hell she's good against Jax for real. I also have limited experience for real so I don't have a large base pool of knowledge to draw from.

So I can only theorycraft, and others can only push back onto me with their obviously more tangible experience. Which I feel makes for more lively discussion, than tip toeing around every disagreement just because it is one.

But sorry I came off that way. I just want to learn.

Malphite, I see a problem in that Jax still has considerable burst; which all the attack speed slows from Malphite in the world won't change. Couldn't the Jax continue cycling his Ult + Empower + Leap burst onto Malphite, and eventually win out due to the sustain in his build path?

Compla

11-25-2012

I found that getting lane swapped is very bad for Jax. He has no way to farm from a distance, so he gets completely zoned. He's also very easily harassed at his turret since he doesn't even have any abilities to farm from a distance besides his high cooldown Counter Strike. Found there was little I could do but wait for a gank from my jungle. Meanwhile enemy Vlad could at least grab a few CS here and there, and sustain his harass.

SouL1ess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

No one mentions Fizz? (Although Fizz is graded to "mid" now)
Use bushes to your advantage. Start a fight near bush so you can Q into it.
Use E to dodge stuns.
Ult should make you and Jax equally powerful at Lvl6, if not better
Fizz should be able to trade Jax with little to no problems, but I guess the most important thing is to walk in and out of bushes at top so Jax will lose his passive stacks.

Heir to Chaos

11-25-2012

Tanky APs seem to work for me and my friends. For me, it's either fizz or diana. Most people wouldn't think of putting these top, but against jax, they're fairly solid. The main thing is to survive his jump, then make sure he can't get away. Fizz is great at managing/dodging his abilities, and Diana can block them fairly well(if you have enough ap). With Di, shielding when he jumps and waiting till the shield is refreshed means you can start attacking/bursting. And with her pull he can't get out, and even if he does, your ult can jump to him to finish him off. This strat also means that if you're jungling diana and you're top's having trouble, picking him off is simple. Diana's burst,sustain and chase, while hard to master, can help a lot against jax in my experience.

Kronusx

11-26-2012

heimerdinger lol,. rockets all day, You should try to zone him asap though,he gets strong pretty fast

EasymodeX

11-26-2012

Quote:
Never heard of Malphite being a hard counter to Jax, but I feel like magic damage in general soft counters Malph so I'd be dubious in calling that hard. I've never played it before, so I'd love it if you could elaborate.
1. Range harass = Jax losing HP.

2. Movespeed from range harass = Jax cannont trade fully.

3. Malphite ablative = Jax doesn't trade fully.

4. Jax with no/low sustain = Malphite huehuehue kakaka.

Quote:
Olaf I've usually heard loses to Jax. Please expound.
1. Range harass = Jax losing HP.

2. Slow from range harass = Jax cannot trade fully.

3. Olaf heal >> Jax trades.

4. Jax with no/low sustain = Olaf huehuehuehue.

Jax's problems:

1. He has to use his full combo to win trades.

2. He doesn't have his full combo until level 3+.

3. His full combo costs a ****ton of mana.

4. He has to be in melee range to get most of his combo off.

Strong enemies:

1. Have sustain.

2. Have range capabilities.

3. Have slows/snares.