Does Jax have any weaknesses?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GotRickRolled

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

irelia seems to be a direct counter to jax, from what ive seen in games

sniffthebutt

11-23-2012

I've played some Yorick, and while Jax really hurts him he can do decently well as long as you bust out all your ghouls on him after his stun. Tbh i don't know if Yorick really can be good, it's just been my experience thus far.

Afael

11-23-2012

Jax major weakness is his start-up. He out-scales most champions in AS and burst damage due to his on-hit abilities, that have to be charged. A periodical hard CC will solve most problems with him, as he won't be able to build up that terrifying burst.
As already been stated, he is also quite week pre-3, so here is another window of opportunity. Be aware though, that from level 2, he can go Q-E and, with some support, punish overextending quite easily. He also doesn't really have any sort of real CC to keep you from running away apart from dodge and leap, both on a fairly long CD.
Finally, Jax is not a carry, and while he may be ridiculously strong sometimes, has some limits to his potential.

As for the question: "Why not play Jax constantly and be OP" - its boring and repetitive, as he tend to stick to one or two win strategies.

Attico

11-23-2012

To Compla,

The reason Malph can hard counter is 2 fold.
1 - He can steal Jax speed while poking, making it possible to stay away from his abilities.
2- His damage in lane comes from an ability that lowers Jax's attack speed, helping negate his extra Ulti damage. Plus Malph doesn't rely on auto attacks, and this gives him some advantage

You do need something like a Chalice to be effective, a little MR helps and you get to poke all day. Never had a problem with Jax as Malph.

Compla

11-23-2012

Ah... Malphite. I'll keep in him mind. I always hated seeing a malphite up top no matter who I played.

Zendort

11-23-2012

poppy !

Gooner1990

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotRickRolled View Post
irelia seems to be a direct counter to jax, from what ive seen in games
Irelia is a skill-matchup at best, I think. Her main dmg is W, and Jax dodge negate much of that. She also has to go all in to trade, while Jax, post-6, can poke her down every 3rd hit with his ult + W.

ChaosBunny1

11-24-2012

I used to think "oh ****, an enemy Jax," but now I think "oh, an enemy Jax." Either he's been nerfed or people just figured out how to beat him down. I can do it with pretty much any champ now, haha!

Compla

11-24-2012

Well, good for you. Mind sharing your secrets? Because to the rest of the world, he's an incredibly strong pick.

Littlemandude

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

It really is all about baiting and zoning him, if you can't do that really well, play defensively with gold gen items and never go 1v1. hes a strong champ but not impossible to stop, especially since most players get cocky and try to take on more than 1 person or chase.