Thoughts?

He seems Good/Interesting and fun! 24 61.54%
He seems alright. It could work. 14 35.90%
He doesn't really fit into LoL... 3 7.69%
He seems really OP in that current state 4 10.26%
He seems a tad on the weak side 1 2.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

[Champion Concept] Draznath, Aspect of Elements

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draznath

12-22-2012

bump

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

first of all, Xerath isn't lightning, he's Arcane. Brand is Fire, Kennen is Lightning, Nami is Water, Malphite is Earth, Janna is Wind, etc...

Passive: I like how you start out with the second effect based on spell order, but the magic resist just makes him an anti-mage and makes him too much like Xerath. I don't see how your "spell effect based on aspect" comes into play, though. You go about it the wrong way as I am starting to see. You only have secondary effects from one spell, forcing you into a rotation and offering no versatility.

Q: Where are the secondary effects besides fire? You just give this an effect and say it does something if you were in fire, but nothing else? I understand that this spell is damaging in a cone, and that can give some synergy with the secondary effects, but WHERE ARE THE SECONDARY EFFECTS?

W: Again, alone this spell only deals damage and an effect ONLY from water.

Ok I'm done reviewing this champion since your concepts are severely flawed.

You have a lot of potential here, but here's what you need to do:

If you want to have each spell do a different effect based on what aspect you are in when you cast, you need to have an effect for EACH aspect on EACH spell.

If you want him to be purely offensive that's fine, just replace his buff for something with damage on it. A shield doesn't really belong on a nuker.

You can do something along the lines of having each element represent a style of attack. Conal AoE, long range delayed AoE, Single Target Nuke, or something else. If all you're going to do with each "spell" is have it deal damage in a different kind of area, you need it to have second effects from the aspect you cast it in.

Say, you have your water AoE that you cast in earth aspect. Think of something having to do with earth that will apply. You're then in water, so you cast your fire ground thingy, and have it have something to do with water. Then you can cast your Air ability and have it do something related to fire. You have the opportunity to have a decent style of mix'n'match based on the effects you need in the area you want them in.

The only problem is that until you get all your spells, this required combo effect is severely weakened.

You really need to rework your concept and finish it. You have a lot of potential with the aspect idea and I would hate to see it wasted.

If you don't want to do the combination aspect/spell idea, you need to remove it completely, because currently you're severely limiting the combinations and rotation your champ can have. If you look at Brand, it matters which order he casts his spells in and he can do different things based on that order. You're only having things do special things if you cast them in a specific order and no other order which is really bad. Never force a player to do things. Give them a choice without penalty of no reward.

Having no aspect synergy, your spells each need to do more than they currently do.

Index of my work

Kochipo

12-22-2012

The only issues I see is:

Quote:
If cast while in the Aspect of Earth, target is stunned for 1.5 seconds and takes 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25% increased damage for the duration.
, seems a bit high for a percentage... maybe more of 5 / 9 / 12 / 16 / 20%.

Also, the
Quote:
The increased width would probably be doubled, and the lengthed would probably be times 1.5
, I understand that, but doubled? That would be almost as large of an area as mid lane alone.. maybe x1.5 of the original.

At lest that's just my takes on it.

Draznath

12-22-2012

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take it all into consideration as I write my next draft.

Draznath

12-22-2012

Updated the post

Draznath

12-23-2012

bump

Draznath

12-24-2012

bump

Fapotu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

Well my opinion on the champ is

Quote:
Work in progress

Gogeta SS

12-25-2012

he seems to be an easier version of the invoker from dota2, i get the feeling that he may be like karma hard to play and master(that's why not many people play karma) and maybe the stats or abilities lack cc

Lord Graves III

12-25-2012

Needs an extra something. Part of that might be the not yet finished kit parts, but problem Im having is that the water move doesn't seem very 'watery'. It seems like any old skillshot nuke, but doesn't have anything that really says "Water Jet".

Core Idea of each spell altering the next one is solid.
Don't like passives that give free power, nix the spell pen part and shift that strength somewhere else.

Not having an ult is good. The 4 elements are equal as should all of this guy's spells.

Total model change is likely overkill as you won't get enough time to really enjoy each change. I would suggest him having a big obvious particle when he is in an element, but not change the base character model. The reason being that it would take a TON of resources without all that much to gain. Also, I would put a generous timer on his passive, say "His next spell within 12 seconds." Reason being is that it cleans up his mechanics, while also posing the choice of what spell to use first (since that spell won't get the buff).

This lets the buffs on his spells be a little stronger, as his ability to get one on the first spell of his combo will be lessened.