RS players out there, whats 2006scape?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Stormchaser

11-22-2012

saw it on the big thread warning riot not to be like jagex. played for 7 yrs, whats 2006scape?

Finn the Human

11-22-2012

Probably a private server.

Whats a private server?

A server where someone has taken (stolen) the Runescape game itself, hosts it on a server, and allows others to play with them. Most private servers are taken of an image from around 2006, 2007, before summoning was implemented.

Shottymaster

11-22-2012

Presumably Runescape from 2006, before Jagex took a massive dump on the game.

TM oJun

11-22-2012

2006 scape was the peak of runescape, nice players, etc. it was arguably the best time players had playing it

Plasmafrog

11-22-2012

Privately developed Runescape server that mimics all of the features and content that were available until some time around February, 2006

The Stormchaser

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tons of ƒapping View Post
Probably a private server.

oh. but why not like 2007scape then? some of the better updates b4 it went down

Knador

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

everyone hating on the new runescape just hates change. i still play runescape to this day and its not bad could be better but it is by far better than it used to be free trade is here unlike how it was in 2007 alltho i liked RS better without free trade less botters.

JuanDeages

11-22-2012

I can't remember exactly when the update came out, but at some point in time there was a massive trade update that lost Jagex millions of Runescape players. The update was supposed to make scamming and botting harder to do, but it placed massive restrictions across the board. Even the wilderness was changed because there was potential that it could be used if trading was not possible.

Basically, just giving stuff away was capped to X amount of gold depending on some factor, I can't remember. Drop trading became impossible. Wilderness kills yielded randomly generated loot... The whole thing was a mess. One of the single biggest failures I've seen in online gaming.

SP3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

It doesn't refer to the private server in that context; it refers to the game's "golden age". Shortly after it, according to players, the game's quality rapidly decreased due to the company's decisions.

Warning Riot about it is basically saying "don't break your game like many other companies did in the past".

Finn the Human

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knador View Post
everyone hating on the new runescape just hates change. i still play runescape to this day and its not bad could be better but it is by far better than it used to be free trade is here unlike how it was in 2007 alltho i liked RS better without free trade less botters.
No.

Bad updates are bad. Simple. No one likes change, but everyone hates those updates unless they have moolah to blow.