Spells that don't proc BFT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
You're overthinking things. It procs on spell damage. That's all there is to it. There are some exceptions which mainly have to do with on-hit abilities (like Teemo's toxic shot) but otherwise anything that does spell damage applies BFT.
Are physical abilities able to proc it, like Panth's spear shot and all of Talon's abilities?

67chrome

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post
There are a few spells I've noticed in some of the weird character builds people have been coming up with for BFT, that don't proc BFT. Most of these seems to be physical damage, on hit type spells. For example...

Ezreal's mystic shot does not proc it.
Gangplank's Parrrley doesn't proc it. Neither does his passive.
WW's passive doesn't proc it.

Please let me know if there are any others that you know of. For example I'd imagine MF's double up wouldn't proc it. Nor would Irelia's bladesurge.
All those are "On-hit" abilities and count as auto-attacks for all intents and purposes - they benefit from life steal, and apply Black Cleaver debuffs, Malady MR Shred, Tiamat, Phage/FM, Sheen/TF/LB, Wit's End, Madred's, Blade of the Ruined King, and get sucker-punched by Thornmail damage, Warden's Mail, Randuin's Omen, Exhaust, Blind, and Counterstrike. None of them benefit from Rylies, Hextech Sweeper, Blackfire Torch, or Spell Vamp.

The other ones I can think of off the top of my head are are Blade Waltz, Twin Bite, Spray and Pray, and Double-Up. Things like Tumble and Decisive Strike won't proc it either, as they are just modified auto-attacks (as apposed to actual abilities classified as autos).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post
Are physical abilities able to proc it, like Panth's spear shot and all of Talon's abilities?
It has nothing to do with damage type, just if the ability is classified as an auto-attack. Warwicks Infinite Duress deals magic damage but is still considered as multiple auto attacks, Pantheon's Spear shot deals physical damage and is classified as an ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
Passive's don't count as spells, therefore they do not proc vamp/rylai's/torch. Alistar is the exception.
That's...no. Passive abilities that inflict actual damage tend to proc it, it works with Brand's passive as well. Not many champions have passives that actually deal damage though.

Tempestphile

11-24-2012

When you die with BFT, do you loose all your charges?

FOODFOOD

11-24-2012

I played Rumble the other day, and it didn't seem to proc with his Flamespitter. Kind of strange - anyone else notice that?

FDru

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
I played Rumble the other day, and it didn't seem to proc with his Flamespitter. Kind of strange - anyone else notice that?
Did you really notice that? Cause it works just fine with Flamespitter.

Clarste

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
When you die with BFT, do you loose all your charges?
Yes, but they recharge while your death timer is ticking so it really doesn't make any difference.

Well, I think that's how it works anyway. I don't really pay much attention.

DiscworldDeath

11-25-2012

My friend reports Zilean Q doesn't proc BFT.

FOODFOOD

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Did you really notice that? Cause it works just fine with Flamespitter.
I didn't see the yellow thing on the enemy when I used it on them like I did with E and Ult. It may have still proc'd. Was just a one game sample.

FDru

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
I didn't see the yellow thing on the enemy when I used it on them like I did with E and Ult. It may have still proc'd. Was just a one game sample.
Flamespitter's graphics might cover it up but you can still see the debuff icon if you target the enemy.

It works with Time Bomb too, but not on the initial 3/2/1 damage.