Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Spells that don't proc BFT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evelynn Butt

11-22-2012

Quote:
Genericke:
Do you guys know if non damaging spells such as Fiddlestick's fear, and Lulu's polymorph can proc it?

They can't.

Rikukun

11-22-2012

i know that shaco's boxes do not proc it, which makes them inconsistent with other similar things like heimer turrets and teemo shrooms and zyra plants.

Also Teemo's E does not apply it with either the DoT or the instant damage. I am not sure if this is intended or not, but it does not work this way. I am not sure how other dots or on hits work, but I feel that they should all work the same.

HaIfhearted

11-22-2012

Brand's passive actually DOES proc it.
It also procs Rylais, and Sweeper passive before it was removed.

Nny

11-22-2012

Quote:
Nny00000:
Since Rylai's works on Cho's E, I wonder if that means BFT works.

Aw snapz

Just tested, it does.

Now just gotta make Cho work

Mindllapse

11-23-2012

Quote:
Rikukun:
i know that shaco's boxes do not proc it, which makes them inconsistent with other similar things like heimer turrets and teemo shrooms and zyra plants.

Also Teemo's E does not apply it with either the DoT or the instant damage. I am not sure if this is intended or not, but it does not work this way. I am not sure how other dots or on hits work, but I feel that they should all work the same.

shaco's boxes do proc BFT which is why AP shaco is pretty decent again now

Sikuq

11-23-2012

BFT doesn't work with Mundo's cleaver either =(

FDru

11-23-2012

Quote:
Sikuq:
BFT doesn't work with Mundo's cleaver either =(

Yes it does.

Infirc

11-23-2012

Here's an Oxymoron, Urchin strike procs BFT, Sheen, Bork and Rilayis, it's pretty much the spell that procs everything, Seastone trident doesn't proc BFt, not sure about Bork or rilayis

Genericke

11-23-2012

Quote:
HaIfhearted:
Brand's passive actually DOES proc it.
It also procs Rylais, and Sweeper passive before it was removed.

Quote:
Infirc:
Here's an Oxymoron, Urchin strike procs BFT, Sheen, Bork and Rilayis, it's pretty much the spell that procs everything, Seastone trident doesn't proc BFt, not sure about Bork or rilayis

I'm wondering if the ruling is that Dots applied from autoattacks don't make BFT proc, but dots from spells do. Therefore teemo poison darts, fizz seastone trident, Gangplank's passive and Draven's passive wouldn't proc it, but Dots such as Malzahar's visions, Brand's passive, Swain's lazer bird and torment etc.

FDru

11-23-2012

Quote:
Genericke:
I'm wondering if the ruling is that Dots applied from autoattacks don't make BFT proc, but dots from spells do. Therefore teemo poison darts, fizz seastone trident, Gangplank's passive and Draven's passive wouldn't proc it, but Dots such as Malzahar's visions, Brand's passive, Swain's lazer bird and torment etc.

You're overthinking things. It procs on spell damage. That's all there is to it. There are some exceptions which mainly have to do with on-hit abilities (like Teemo's toxic shot) but otherwise anything that does spell damage applies BFT.