Remove all summoner spells

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaWraith

11-22-2012

Honestly, people who complain about summoners like flash/revive just seem to want all
summoner spells banned...I think summoner spells are fine and add strategic depth to the game, but due to the influx of "remove revive" complaints I thought I would add my thoughts.

common complaints:

on SR 10 flashes per game "get out of fail free card" toxic to game

on CS 10 revives per game, lose team fight, comeback and ace, toxic to game

running Ghost? relatively low cooldown chase and escape (one of the most complained about summoners before flash became the most OP SR summoner)., counters jungle ganks, makes jungle gankers too strong synergy with fiddle ult, wukong ult, singed ult, etc too strong

running ignite? fiddlesticks, volibear, mundo, swain (and any lifesteal/spellvamp heavy champs) "iginite OP shuts down my champion" and/or counters my heal summoner. toxic

using exhaust? bruisers and ADC (and glass cannon) exhaust so dumb, press button and my champ is worthless and dies before it ends. toxic

running cleanse? hard counters most cc combos, and stops ignite and exhaust..toxic

Promote? early pushing power too strong, (getting moved to an item)

garrison? turrets are now useless, team can dive a point easily/ or turrets now too god, enemy team can turtle too easily

Barrier? blocks too much damage, counters assassins/burst mages

Surge? synergizes really well with only a few champions, but makes those champs super strong (getting removed, mostly for being worthless on most champs, but possibly also for being too good on the few champs that used it)

clairvoyance: too much free map awareness (had to be nerfed a lot)

teleport: too much free mobility and backdooring potential TF/Pantheon (revive teleport karthus anyone?)

Heal? just got buffed again, and if not countered by ignite, free soraka ult in a team fight, low health baiting, counters burst damage, etc etc...

Clarity? nobody really complains about clarity because its bad: but still, especially with the new changes its going to be good on mana hungry champions... and of course on SR in the lane phase-low mana baiting, too much mana sustain in lane (especially for naturally spellvamping champs) imagine what it will do with the new archangels/manamura-they use a % of your mana pool, and now you can restore a % of your max mana...

TL;DR people have been complaining about summoner spells since the beginning, and they will always complain about that 1 summoner spell the community has found to be the most versatile and powerful that they "have to take it". remove that 1 and the next one becomes the problem... all the way until there are no summoner spells anymore.

Then the champions and items that have built in abilities that mimic summoner spells (flashes, heals, cleanse, ignite) will be the next targets of their ire.
-----
Edited to fix a couple things, most especially cleanse description, thanks Beefjerky and Phourc; my bad

FDru

11-22-2012

Remove players who spam Ryze in Dominion every game

Remove people who misuse the term "toxic"

Remove stupid topics from the forum

Phourc

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaWraith View Post
running cleanse? Malzahar, WW, fizz ult now worthless... hard counters ignite and exhaust..toxic
No. Suppression.

KaWraith

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Remove players who spam Ryze in Dominion every game

Remove people who misuse the term "toxic"

Remove stupid topics from the forum
Apparently you don't know what irony is... my bad
how about we instead remove people who have no critical thinking skills?

The whole point of this post was that people are spamming the forums whining about summoner spells, and that it's silly: they are mostly complaining just to complain, and calling everything OP or toxic.

you are Literally insulting me for making a post that encapsulates Exactly the sentiment you are displaying.

P.S.
Im sorry you don't like the fact that I play Ryze in about 95% of my dominion games. It's a funny story how that came to happen, but I very much doubt you care in the slightest.
There are people who play cheesecake tier champs like teemo, khazix, jayce, and kassadin every game, but you want to complain about me playing Ryze? I'm flattered you care enough to mention it.

A Slime Appears

11-22-2012

"Oh lulz look at me, I'm patronizing the "revive op" topics. This has never been done before."

Oh wait, GD does it all the time and it's stupid. We aren't GD. Let's be classier.

KaWraith

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
"Oh lulz look at me, I'm patronizing the "revive op" topics. This has never been done before."

Oh wait, GD does it all the time and it's stupid. We aren't GD. Let's be classier.
My intention was to be neither amusing nor novel, only satirical.

BeefJerkyHunter

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaWraith View Post
running cleanse? Malzahar, WW, fizz ult now worthless... hard counters ignite and exhaust..toxic
As a player who actively uses Cleanse, I will inform you that it does not stop any of those Ultimates you listed.

ADDED:
I should have actually said "Used to actively use Cleanse" because I actually gave up on using Cleanse since I got tired of it being ineffective against Malzahar and Fizz.

KaWraith

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerkyHunter View Post
As a player who actively uses Cleanse, I will inform you that it does not stop any of those Ultimates you listed.

ADDED:
I should have actually said "Used to actively use Cleanse" because I actually gave up on using Cleanse since I got tired of it being ineffective against Malzahar and Fizz.

My bad... people who play those champs complain about QSS.
IIRC correctly, suppression was invented so that cleanse wouldn't be a hard counter, but QSS would.

BeefJerkyHunter

11-22-2012

I wish Cleanse would be more effective, nobody ever uses it anymore.
I do, however, remember that one time during open beta where Cleanse would take off everything and then the champion couldn't be CC'd for 2 seconds.

KaWraith

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerkyHunter View Post
I wish Cleanse would be more effective, nobody ever uses it anymore.
I do, however, remember that one time during open beta where Cleanse would take off everything and then the champion couldn't be CC'd for 2 seconds.
if they brought that back flash use would definitely fall on champs with any kind of built in escape.