Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Cambio the Herald of Change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ploki122

01-13-2013

Ok, so as you asked, I'm here to give my opinion on Cambrio.

First of all, I must tell you I hate your lore... You have a guy who would be so op he can turn anyone insane, and already attacked one of their summoner, and the Institute does nothing about it... So it would means they feel threatened? They still are strong enough to keep 105 different beasts under control... So take every champions in the league, twice, and that's how strong your champion would be... But, he would still not be strong enough to solo carry a 5v5 every single games...

The passive I kinda like, kinda dislike... basically, what I dislike is the fact that it hard counters so many peoples... First of all, Kata, Poppy, Talon, Nidalee, Teemo, Lux... They're all champions who has to land at least 1 AA in... even pantheon is rough on them and it's only reducing the damage to 0, end game you have twice pan's passive on a shorter cd.

Q : you have some insanely strong poke in a terri-huge area with an added minion summon... It basically deals 125/200/275/350/425 (+0.8AP) in an AoE, and you can summon multiple damage-dealing and skillshot-blocking minions... It really is strong, even if just in concept (a high damage dealing minion summoning AoE spell).

W : Once again a bit too strong, especially since your passive by itself could be an ability... Ninja Tabi is considered an excellent pick against physical champs and it's only 10% off Auto-attacks. If you grab those + max W, you receive 22-23% dmg reduction on AA... that's a huge truckload (especially paired with block mastery and doran shield, since you cut another ~10-15 dmg). Honestly, I'd insta lock him top every single games...

E : Well, either this one is terribly op, or fairly weak (although in this case, it's a question of numbers, so no problem there). If those numbers are per second, I'll start pissing myself right now... But I guess they're over the 6s, and I think you could raise them a bit. But conceptually, it would work.

R : The channel might be a bit long... you'd have to at least make it a cast time... Because a long cast time is already easy to dodge when your champion has no cc, but if you can even interrupt it, it feels too weak to me. Otherwise I love the concept of a charge-up cone and of madness.

Void22

01-13-2013

First off, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this. Now let me address you concerns.

On the lore, The League doesn't really care what you do to summoners as long as you consent to join and allow them to study you. That is the case here.

For the passive I don't really understand the complaint. It won't nullify the special effects of AA just the AA itself. Illumination will still trigger, Poppy's crush will still work, all of those things will still effect him. Its just a little poke protection.

Now regarding the Q I see you point. But please remember that it only creates a demon if it kill something. However, since you aren't the first person to say this I'll assume that you are correct. I will reduce the life time on the minions and increase the cooldown on the ability.

For the W, one part of your comment is defense masteries. This guy is a mage. A hard hitting mage. You going to be sacrificing a lot just to pick up those little damage blockers. Now for what you say on the reduction, theoretically that could happen. However that comes at the cost of increased cooldown and lower Magic Penetration. This guy's cooldowns are pretty hefty so that's a blow.

As for the ult, its a pretty powerful ult. There has to be a chance for enemies to save themselves.

Thanks again for the review.

Void22

01-14-2013

Thinking back on what Mytharionas said, I concluded that he probably should show some more signs of his demonic nature. I have added a true form for his ult. The link for the photo is at the bottom of the first post.

Still Eternity

01-19-2013

Hello, and thanks for your Review of Genesis, I appreciate it. So, even if you didn't asked me, I shall review your champion in kind.

Quote:
Lore: Times are changing in The League of Legends. Especially with the appearance of Cambio. He appeared one day at the doors to the Institute of War and politely asked to be admitted. He claimed to be a representative of The Watching Lords, powerful beings who, he claimed, monitored and influenced the destiny of the universe. The first summoner that arrived thought this to be a minor spirit and tried to imprison him. That summoner is now utterly insane. What The Watching Lords intentions were when they sent Cambio are unknown. Some believe that there are no such beings, that Cambio is merely a mad man, a prisoner of his own delusions. When asked he merely smile. If pressed, one begins to see flickers of things unknown, not meant for the mind of sane men, deep within his eyes. Most of the time, he merely acts as he appearance would suggest, concealing his true voice. However, his presence has an unnerving effect on most. His purpose is unknown. None can doubt however, that change is coming.
"He shattered a man with a barely fragment of his power. I shudder to think what he could do in Runeterra." Soraka

This is pretty meh. There's really nothing you say about him; He suffers from what the Lore Buffs (Or maybe just me oO) like to call "Hecarim Syndrome". He's a cool champion, but his lore is really weak. Good ol' Hec just shows up, says, "Hey, I wanna join! Looks like Fun!" and he's in. There's no substance! I don't feel anything about this character; I don't know his reasons, I don't know his goals, I don't even know if he's actually from some higher plane; everything is shrouded in needless "Mystery". Mystery is a good thing, but only in SLIGHT moderation. Basing a entire Champion's lore on "You don't really know anything about him" isn't a good thing to do. You get no connection to him. All we know is he's a Demon, (Because you stated that in his Race Category, which real League Champions do not get in-game) and that's he's really powerful. That's really it. There needs to be more substance, more meat. Give me a reason to go, "I like this guy, I think he's badass, I can relate to his story."

Suggestion: There are a lot of roads to take here. I would highly suggest checking out Moby the White and his works, as well as the Fan Fiction/Lore Forums; there are some really talented writers out there than you can learn from. As for an actual Lore Suggestion, perhaps make fighting in the League a sort of redemption thing? Maybe he's an outcast from his tribe of demons, and spilling blood in the name of his God will redeem him in the eyes of his people, who have shunned him and striped him of the majority of his powers. I'm sure you can come up with better.

Quote:
Passive: Reflexive Transmutation: If Cambio would be attacked by an enemy champions basic attack he would heal an amount equal to the damage dealt instead of taking it. This can only happen once every 30/20/10 seconds, changing at levels 8 and 16. This is not affected by cooldown reduction.

This Passive is...Interesting. Reminds me of Sion's passive a little bit. I have no idea how useful in the grand scheme of things this is, but here's what I can get; It's weak early, balanced midgame, and utterly WTF Lategame. Think of it this way; lets say you're in toplane, (although this is by no means a toplane champion) Every 30 seconds, which is a very, VERY long time, you will absorb a hit. For like 80 damage. That's nothing. That's laughable sustain. That's almost as bad as Eve's old passive, which was honestly one of the worst ever. But as the game goes on...this becomes quite scary. Imagine a lategame siege at a turret; you get shot by an auto attack from their enemy Ashe player, and she backs off, trying not to over-extend. Imagine this attack crit. Dear God, you would recover like 800 HP. From ONE attack. That can happen again in ten seconds. That sounds honestly way too strong. The way you have it now, it'd be very hard to balance.

Suggestion: Change this from Equal Damage dealt to a % of your Max HP, maybe 5, and keep the cooldown around 15 seconds at all levels. This gives you a better form of sustain in lane if you're being auto attacked, but isn't terribly crazy in a lategame fight. This ability would require a lot of testing to fine tune it; that's just how fickle this could be.
Quote:

Q: The Flames of Change: Cambio unleashes a cone of multicolored flames that damages all enemies within for 75/125/175/225/275 (+.5ap) and then burns them over 5 seconds for 50/75/100/125/150 (+.3ap) magic damage. Enemies killed by either part of the attack spawn a gibbering demon that lasts for 5 seconds. These creatures are uncontrollable and will focus whatever is attacking Cambio at the moment, prioritizing champions. 14/13/12/11/10 second cooldown . The demons have 100/200/300/400/500 health, take reduced damage from spells and have ad equal to 25% of Cambio's AP. At max there can only be 1/2/3/4/5 demons on the field at once. Will be a cone about the size of Ashes Frost Volley, except a bit wider.

I'm going to be honest here; This Ability is Ultimate Strength. It does a LOT of Base Damage, (125/200/275/350/425) plus great scaling over an INCREDIBLY large area. Ashe's Volley is a fairly huge cone, one of the largest cones in the game. It ALSO spawns little creatures when an enemy dies; I have no choice but to assume this includes minions, because you do not say otherwise. If so; holy mother of god, that is strong. And to top it off... 10 Second Cooldown at max rank. With Max CDR? Like 6.

This is your Champion's REAL Ultimate. For Real.

Suggestion: Either make this your new Ultimate, or you have to gut a lot of this ability's power. I would say the range needs to be heavily reduced, to like the size of Mordekaiser's Siphon of Destruction, and some of that base damage needs to come down. That's just way too much on a typical champion for their Bread and Butter move.

Quote:
W: Reality Warp: Passive: Cambio phases in and out of reality allowing him to ignore unit collision and take 5/7/9/11/13% reduced damage from physical attacks.
Active: Cambio teleports dealing 125/150/175/200/225 (+.3ap) aoe magic damage upon disappearing and reappearing. 17/16/15/14/13 second cooldown. Will be a little bigger then Ezreal's teleport.

This ability is more in line with others. It has high base damage at first, but lowers to fairly sub-average at max rank. 13 is relatively low cooldown for a free flash, and the scaling is weak, which cements this as your champion's one-point wonder. However, there are still a few issues with this.

First of all, you don't need the ignore unit collision. It's simply extra power for being there and won't do much. You have a TELEPORT. Why would you need to walk through minions? For escaping a gank? Heck, you have a TELEPORT. You don't need bonus mobility; it makes your champion too slippery and frustrating for your enemies. You should be able to be ganked if you've pushed up like an idiot and wasted your teleport; you should be able to be punished for that. It's all about Play and Counterplay.

Second, You don't need the reduced damage either. That not ONLY reduces the effect of your (current) passive, making it do worse so to speak (Because if you take less damage normally from auto attacks, you'll heal less from your passive; you want synergy, not un-synergy) but this is completely redundant; You already have a skill that reduces/negates damage, you don't need two. Especially on a champion who's clearly not a tank, champions who actually would need damage reduction.

Suggestion: Remove the passive on this skill. They're both redundant and not adding anything good to your champion; they're just power for the sake of power. You have a Teleport for crying out loud. That's as much utility as any champion could ask for. And now that I re-read it...It does damage both on leaving an area...and entering one? Say Kassadin. He uses Riftwalk, which is sort of like this skill. Your champion would do their damage both at the area they started, and at the area they entered? If that's correct...This skill needs to be nerfed damage wise as well. That's simply too much from a utility ability. I would take away one of those bursts of damage; then it's more balanced. And even then, you might want to re-appropriate the base damage a bit; 125 is too high at low ranks, 225 too low at high.

Quote:
E: Field of Fluctuation: Cambio creates an aoe field that lasts for 5 seconds. This field does 100/125/150/175/200 (+.6ap) magic damage to enemies standing on it and heals allies for 75/100/125/150/175 (+.4ap). 15/14/13/12/11 second cooldown. This should be about the same range and aoe as Malzahar's Null Zone.

Ohohohoho. This skill suffers from the same thing Ezreal's Essance Flux used to; damages enemies and heals allies. When Ezreal came out, his Essance Flux (among other things) made him one of the most broken champions since Vladimir. I could see the same thing happening with this skill. And you have to be clear; Is this ability doing, say at rank 1, 100 Damage OVER 5 Seconds, or 100 Damage PER Second? If it's the first one, that's laughably small. If it's the second one? Broken OP.

Suggestions: Make this ability have a real purpose. It's nothing but damage and a heal, which doesn't seem to fit on your champion. I'm noticing that your champion doesn't have a lot of synergy; He has damage reduction, which says tank, but he has a lot of scaling and high damage abilities, which says back-line mage. This skill doesn't help determine what he does. He doesn't have a way to lock-down opponents and force them to stay in the zone, so it goes under-utilized.

I'm honestly not sure what to do with this ability. I would gut it entirely and try something that will give your champion direction. Do you want to focus on the demon-spawn you talk about in your first ability? Maybe this skill interacts with them in some way. Try to find a way to make this interesting.

Quote:

R: The Sound of Madness: Cambio channels for two seconds and then screams using all of his voices, dealing 125/250/375 (+.4ap) magic damage to all enemies within a cone and shattering their minds. Enemies hit are afflicted with Madness and make basic attacks against the nearest unit for 1/2/3 seconds. 140/110/80 second cooldown. When screaming he will briefly assume his true form.

When I was reading your skills, I was thinking, "Dear God, what is this guy's Ultimate?". I was surprised. It's not as strong as I thought it would be. It doesn't do a lot of damage at all; 125/250/375 is really low base damage and a .4 scaling isn't much better. And the CC attached to it is...Rather Weak. It doesn't really stop them from doing anything; they focus on a random target for a second, which will still likely be you, and keep attacking. Kinda alright VS Tanks and Mages, but utterly useless VS Bruisers and ADC. It's not really a taunt, but it kinda is. This ability is just weak all around.

Suggestions: Crazily enough, this skill isn't strong enough to be an Ultimate Skill. It's cooldown is massive, it has really poor damage, and it's CC is rather weak, at least until max, where's it's good at best, mediocre at worst. Again, I would consider gutting this ability, like I mentioned with your E spell, making your Q your new Ultimate (With Ultimate Level Cooldowns, Mana Cost, ECT.) , and trying to find a way to make your champion have more synergy.

EDIT:
From looking around in your thread...I noticed something really bad. Does this affect enemy champions in such a way they attack their allies? If so?...That's not good. That's not fun. You should NEVER be able to damage your allies. Friendly Fire is NOT acceptable in League of Legends. There's a reason it hasn't been done before; it's completely Anti-Fun. It is not fun being forced to attack your allies, no matter the reason. This needs to be removed ASAP.

Quotes: Not bad here. I laughed at one of the jokes a little. Could use some of that depth you'll hopefully add to your Lore to breathe some personality into them, but he gets the "Change" concept around well.

OVERALL: Your Champion is abusively strong in some areas, strangely weak in others, and on the whole doesn't have a lot of synergy. That's not to say it's a bad idea; I like the Demon Spawn thing on the Q ability. Maybe you could rework your champion to function with them better? Find a way to make your champion do new, and interesting things. It's a cool concept, despite it's shortcomings. Find a way for him to make sense and give him an intended role with abilities that work together will do wonders for your champion, and he'll be a lot better.

Void22

01-20-2013

Ouch. Though I suppose that most of your points are fair.

I'm changing the passive to what you suggested. Never really thought about it like that before thanks for the opposite perspective.

As for the Q I will nerf the base damage; hope that balances things out.

With the W you I removed the passive but I think I will keep the double hit part. Technically it has the capacity for some solid burst damage but then he is putting himself at risk with no way to escape. That's his solo escape move and should he choose to use it for offensive purposes he would very vulnerable.

I scrapped the E and will come up with something new in due time.

As for the R...I really did like the ability but if friendly fire is such a problem...sigh. I suppose I could come up with something else.

Thank you for the review. It was harsh, but it was probably needed. Thanks again and good luck with the contest.

Void22

01-20-2013

Thanks to all the reviews I noticed several flaws in Cambio's character and decided to scrap him and make a new champion. I want to thank all of you for you feedback and support and let you know how much I appreciate it. If any of you are interested His replacement can be found here. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=33686684#post33686684