Cambio the Herald of Change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wulffe

11-26-2012

Good form there, sir. Though still not entirely unique it is befitting for Cambio.

And no problem. I try to share the guide as much as possible. :]

Void22

12-02-2012

Comments and reviews are always appreciated guys.

The5lacker

12-09-2012

Passive is interesting. Definitely gives AD carries something to worry about. 10 second cooldown might be abusable though. Make sure it isn't effected by cooldown reduction.

Q is a bit too powerful. 125 base damage at level one is very strong, especially for an AoE, and it can spawn pets. I'd tone the damage down a bit, and limit the number of demons to it's rank, otherwise Cambio would be frighteningly good at farming.

W seems good, no real problems here other than unspecified range.

E Healing allies for the same amount is really powerful, seeing as damage is blocked by Magic Resist but healing isn't. I'd tone the healing down to maybe 70% of the damage, especially seeing as it's an AoE heal. Other than that, I'd increase the AP scaling to about 80%, considering how it takes 5 seconds to deal the damage.

Ult is appropriately awe inspiring, completely wrecks teamfights and has adequate drawbacks to using it. I'd advise shortening the channel time to 2 seconds. 3 seconds takes far too long to use effectively and paints an enormous target on his head.

All in all, ignoring the somewhat repetitive naming conventions, I'm liking him. Very solid presence in teamfights, fairly solid early game, and would be interesting to play against.

Void22

12-10-2012

Okay, thanks for the advice. I made the Passive have no CDR, made the number of demons dependent on the skill level, increased the ap ratio of field of change and lowered the healing to 75 percent, and lowered the ultimates channel to two seconds. As for the range on the W, I was thinking of something with just a bit more range then Ez's.

Mytharionas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

At first glance, i'm assuming he has something to do with transmutation or something similar on those lines. But i'll have to take a closer look before I can say whether my guess is right or not.

Aesthetics:
Young blonde guy with a black robe that shimmers with different colors. Bit unexpected considering he's a demon. I'm wondering if he sheds the human skin and changes into something frightful. Guess time will tell.

Lore:
It's short, but it does a good job getting Cambio's character across. He seems unnerving on the surface, and nightmarish beneath the guise of humanity he wears. However, i'm not sure if the Watching Lords is a title that can really convey their power in a serious manner. It just sounds a bit silly to me, but that's just personal taste.

Abilities:
Sadly, I can't call myself a dependable source when it comes to tweaking numbers, so i'll have be looking at synergy and the like.

Quote:
Passive: Damage Change: If Cambio would be attacked by an enemy champions basic attack he would heal an amount equal to the damage dealt instead of taking it. This can only happen once every 30/20/10 seconds, changing at levels 8 and 16. This is not affected by cooldown reduction.
Woah, that's a new one. It wouldn't really help when initiating a fight, but it would certainly give you an advantage when you've taken some shots in the laning phase. This would give you some strong defense against junglers as well, assuming they go in with some hefty AD. I can't call heads or tails on it's balance, but i'm digging the concept so far.

Quote:
Q: The Flames of Change: Cambio unleashes a cone of multicolored flames that damages all enemies within for 75/125/175/225/275 (+.5ap) and then burns them over 5 seconds for 50/75/100/125/150 (+.3ap) magic damage. Enemies killed by either part of the attack spawn a gibbering demon that lasts for 8 seconds. These creatures are uncontrollable and will focus whatever is attacking Cambio at the moment, prioritizing champions. 7 second cooldown at all levels. The demons have 100/200/300/400/500 health, take reduced damage from spells and have ad equal to 25% of Cambio's AP. At max there can only be 1/2/3/4/5 demons on the field at once.
An conal AoE with a damage over time component, and it spawns demons from killed enemies. There's a lot going for this ability right out the gate, assuming the demons can spawn from dead minions. I feel like this would be devastating in a combo, but i'll need to look at the rest of the abilities to be certain.

Quote:
W: Location Change: Passive: Cambio phases in and out of reality allowing him to ignore unit collision and take 5/7/9/11/13% reduced damage from physical attacks.
Active: Cambio teleports dealing 125/150/175/200/225 (+.3ap) aoe magic damage upon disappearing and reappearing. 17/16/15/14/13 second cooldown.
The passive is pretty strong in itself, but the teleport is also pretty crazy. If you use it point blank, you're looking at 250/300/350/400/450(+.6ap) AoE damage. That's about 250(+.6ap) damage at level 1. I'm not at liberty to say whether or not this is balanced, but an amount like that at level 1 is pretty staggering.

Quote:
E: Field of Change: Cambio creates an aoe field that lasts for 5 seconds. This field does 100/125/150/175/200 (+.6ap) magic damage to enemies standing on it and heals allies for 75/100/125/150/175 (+.4ap). 15/14/13/12/11 second cooldown.
Seeing is this is his last basic ability, I can safely assume that there won't be any unbearable combo qualities about Flames of Change. Also, how is the damage applied, does it do a portion of that damage over time? Does it deal full damage to any targets that immediately step in it?

Also, you may want to put in ranges for your abilities, it'd help quite a bit in getting a better idea of what impact your abilities would have.

Quote:
R: The Sound of Madness: Cambio channels for two seconds and then screams using all of his voices, dealing 125/250/375 (+.4ap) magic damage to all enemies within a cone and shattering their minds. Enemies hit are afflicted with Madness and make basic attacks against the nearest unit for 1/2/3 seconds. 140/110/80/ second cooldown.
I think I see the combination beginning to take shape here. Go in with W (Or Flash in and point-blank W for extra damage.) Use R to make them fight each other, and bundle up. Then finish with a Q+E combo. I can see this working very nicely when a teamfight erupts. Of course, this ability would be quite devastating if it strike their AD carry. I'll need a range before I can check for balance.

Final Thoughts:
His abilities are, for the most part, elegantly simple. Cambio's combination is looking very effective. The numbers may be a bit strong, but he certainly has some good synergy going for him. There really isn't much I can add in terms of mechanics.

As for aesthetics, I got two suggestions, mostly personal taste. Firstly, the names of your first four abilities make me want to eat a kitten. If you want to keep change as a consistent theme in the names, i've no large issue with that. But "Damage Change" and "Location Change" could benefit heavily from different names. I would recommend "Reflexive Transmutation" for the first, but i've got nothing in mind for the second.

Secondly, what degree of investment do you have in Cambio's physical features? Do you want to keep the blonde, blue eyed young adult look? If you're willing to go with something else, I would suggest making him as "default" a human being as possible, bald head, androgynous, that sort of thing. The eyes could be a myriad of color just like the robes. It would look "wrong" which Cambio could pull off quite well.

Hope my review has helped you out.

Void22

01-12-2013

First of all, I want to thank you for taking the time to look him over, I really appreciate it. Now then, on to the response.

For the aesthetics, I wanted him to appear, on the outside at least, as fairly normal. A quirk here, a creepy thing there, but on the whole nothing to terrifying.

On the Watching Lords, I picked the name because it gave a sense of omniscience. If anyone can find something better I would be happy to change it.

Minions killed by Flames of Change will become demons.

You had problem with the amount of damage that the W did. While the damage it does is fair, you have to remember that it is his only escape ability. If he wants to go for the double whammy, he has to be himself in a very vulnerable position with really no way to get out of it. It also has a fairly lengthy cooldown.

For the W it is a DOT.

For the names I will see what I can do, definitely changing the passive to reflexive transmutation. I will also add ranges. Not numbers mind you, but equivalent examples.

PhoenixGan

01-12-2013

I feel like (though many people have already said this) his Q damage is slightly high for earlier ranks, at rank one, you're doing 145 magic damage, not counting resists, maybe tone down the base damage a bit for either the DoT or the main spell. I like the idea of the demons though, reminds me of Malz's voidlings in a way. Although, I feel like making the minions spawn demons is very strong, and could be very unbalanced. Maybe making a % chance that the minion will turn into a demon, and champions always turn into demons?

Also, I don't feel that his passive really fit in with the rest of his kit, though it is a very interesting one to be sure.

His kit is a very cool one, and he is a very cool concept.

Good work ^_^

Void22

01-13-2013

Thanks for the review. I personally feel that it's fine as it is as he can only have 1 demon at level one.

PhoenixGan

01-13-2013

Yeah, but when you get 5 demons going, that's a fairly high amount of damage and CC block. Making a percent chance for minions would help you not completely steamroll the enemy team in team fights, even if it was 50% chance. If you had say, 400 AP, each minion would have 100 AD, and if they focused one enemy, that 500 AD of extra damage being applied to an enemy, which is pretty ridiculous. In lane, with 200 AP (rabadon's cap), your minions will be doing 250 damage to a your lane enemy, if all of them are focusing the champ (and since champ prioritizing is active on these guys, the odds are likely), on top of all of your spell damage. If you are going to keep the % the same, at least lower the AP ratio some.

Void22

01-13-2013

For one thing there are rarely minions in team fights. For another, they only focus a champ if they attack Cambio and they die when he does. Now remember, Cambio is fragile in the extreme. He won't last long with someone really attacking him hard and the demons are pretty slow, so it's easy for the enemy to pull out. Furthermore, if multiple enemies attack him the demons will randomly divide up the targets, so while it might be dangerous for one guy to try and solo him, assuming of course that he has five demons up, it will be drastically less so if they decide to group up. I see where you are coming from , I just don't agree, for the above reasons.