nami

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Technician Tim

11-22-2012

YES, so glad i get another support, of course i want to try her ap mid and solo top also, any wacky builds you guys like to try with new champs?

Malothere

Recruiter

11-22-2012

I played her on the PBE and her solo presence is so bad its not even funny.
Shes literally destined to follow someone around like a true support to make full use of her abilities. She also has really bad early scaling as well.

as Desolator

11-22-2012

dont downvote the poor guy hes trying something new not that fuking meta everyone does

Nasulril

11-22-2012

Just reading her abilities, while they sound like they could be great fun, don't sound like a viable solo. Her Q sounds like it will have a delay time like Kog's ulti or Veiger's W, which could give people a chance to avoid the hit. W....would it bounce back to her? Can she self-target with the wave to heal herself? Would it be worth building attack speed for her to buff herself with the E?
I just don't really see her skillset working out well for solo lane, though if tweaked some, that could be changed.

Chaotic HeartLD

11-22-2012

Pre-nerfs on the PBE, she actually could have done well in a solo lane. Unfortunately, since they nerfed her scaling by a decent amount, as well as took out the hard CC from two of her abilities, she is not nearly as threatening (or as effective even for a support) as before.

Her Q used to have decent ratios AND a knock-up. It was always damn hard to land, and VERY easy to avoid (don't think I EVER got caught by her Q even once while playing against many Nami's; and seldom landed them on others when playing her). At least before, though, when you could land it you got a bit of damage and a nice knock-up so that your carry could capitalize on it. Now, though, no real damage and just a "displace" that doesn't really do anything.

Her W can target just her or the carry or an enemy and have it bounce back to her, and it does heal her. This, actually, is a decent skill even now. Especially useful for when you are trying to escape, and you cast it on yourself. Usually, this will result in you healing yourself, getting the speed boost from your own passive, and possibly damaging the person trying to catch you. The problem, though, is this thing sucks mana like you would not believe. Trying to actually use it in lane as a form of sustain is almost impossible, as two casts will leave you with almost nothing left. Useful skill... but you have to ration it HARD.

Her E is another nice skill. You can use it on yourself, and it helps (especially if you are trying to last-hit while your carry is away or if you are in a solo lane). My only gripe with this one is the particle effects on it are almost unnoticable. More often than not I would cast it on my carry, and they wouldn't even know they had it so the short duration would be wasted. Had to basically wait until they had already engaged, and then hope they weren't just harassing and breaking off.

Her R also used to be very good, especially in team fights. It used to have a knock-up as well. Now, though, just poor damage and a weak slow. Poor damage, weak slow, and a VERY long recharge time. Toss in how easy it is to avoid, and its ONLY redeeming quality is it is very long range. Not enough to make up for how long the recharge is, how low the damage, and how weak the slow, though.

I think they are still trying to balance her out, so nothing is really set right now. From what I have seen, though, they are REALLY trying hard to make her not viable solo and be purely used as a support. Thus not really a champion I am too interested in. I do not mind filling the spot of support, as long as I am not shoe-horned into ONLY being able to help someone else the entire match and am basically a free kill if I happen to get caught out. Her VERY long cooldowns on everything, low ratio, mana issues, and now loss of her hard CC make it so that she cannot even finish off a near-dead opponent. She can help someone else do it, but if your carry dies you die (even if the opposing carry was basically almost dead as well).

as Desolator

11-22-2012

i dont care for supports much, i think hes going to be mad and i prefer soraka