Best Position for me?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trivial Knifer

11-22-2012

Hi. I have recently been playing a lot of Normal Draft Pick and I want to know which position I should focus on.

I play jungler's and ADC's the most, but I have a variety of other champions.

My Junglers:
Cho'Gath
Shyvana
Mundo
Lee Sin
Fiddlesticks
Master Yi
Shaco
Nunu
Udyr
Evelynn
Alistar

My AD Carries:
Graves
Ezreal
Sivir
Teemo
Tristana
Ashe

My Supports:
Soraka
Kayle
Cho'Gath (tank)
Mundo (tank)
Alistar (tank)
Teemo
Poppy (? Don't know if she is viable)

My Middle Laners (AP Carries):
Teemo
Tristana
Ryze
Fiddlesticks
Evelynn
Brand
Talon
Twisted Fate
Xerath
Veigar
Karthus
Yi (? viable?)
Annie

My Top Laners:
Shyvana
Talon
Mundo
Teemo (?)
Lee Sin

I want to know which position I should focus myself on and who I should get in that group.
I really like jungling and AD Carrying, but I think jungling is a little bit stressful at times especially if you get counter-jungled and you can't really help your team.

Thank you!

N√łteworthy

11-22-2012

get a basic knowledge of all the roles so if you get stuck with one you will be okay, but as far as you knowing what role you enjoy the most that is up to you. For awhile i loved jungling but my true calling is adc. You can either look up what champs counter what... or knowledge and experience to know what champ to pick for what situation.

Etherimp

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivial Knifer View Post
Hi. I have recently been playing a lot of Normal Draft Pick and I want to know which position I should focus on.

I play jungler's and ADC's the most, but I have a variety of other champions.

My Junglers:
Cho'Gath
Shyvana
Mundo
Lee Sin
Shaco
Nunu
Udyr
Alistar

My AD Carries:
Graves
Ezreal
Sivir
Tristana
Ashe

My Supports:
Soraka
Kayle
Alistar (tank)

My Middle Laners (AP Carries):
Ryze
Brand
Talon
Twisted Fate
Xerath
Veigar
Karthus
Annie

My Top Laners:
Talon
Mundo
Teemo
Lee Sin
Cho'Gath
Nunu
Udyr
Kayle

I want to know which position I should focus myself on and who I should get in that group.
I really like jungling and AD Carrying, but I think jungling is a little bit stressful at times especially if you get counter-jungled and you can't really help your team.

Thank you!

K.. I went through your list and removed all of the champs which are not "viable" or are weak in the position you had them listed, then I moved some of the champs around to reflect other positions they can play.. Like, you did not have Cho'gath or Kayle listed as a Top laner... Both can top lane quite well.

You should pick up some more supports and possibly grab someone like Caitlyn for bot lane. She's a little on the expensive side but she would add a very strong "poke" AD carry to your AD Line up.

Also, maybe pick up Amumu, Rammus, and other hard-tank junglers.

Trivial Knifer

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
K.. I went through your list and removed all of the champs which are not "viable" or are weak in the position you had them listed, then I moved some of the champs around to reflect other positions they can play.. Like, you did not have Cho'gath or Kayle listed as a Top laner... Both can top lane quite well.

You should pick up some more supports and possibly grab someone like Caitlyn for bot lane. She's a little on the expensive side but she would add a very strong "poke" AD carry to your AD Line up.

Also, maybe pick up Amumu, Rammus, and other hard-tank junglers.
OK. Thanks! I will keep that in mind.

bearloverabbit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

I started as an adc when I started lol but
As an adc I tended to focus on cs, laning etc rather than map awareness and other team based components
For example, as an adc all u hav to do is stay alive in team fight and constantly provide damage
However, as a top, not only u hav to focus on laning but also u hav to be well aware of map since u do not hav a support beside u to look at the map for u
Also, in team fight u r the one responsible for assessing the enemy's highest damage dealer and killing him
In addition top tanks r usually capable of initiating a team fight which requires pro skills
So, if u start top, I think u will learn more

Ur little sister

12-03-2012

Your question marks indicate low level play / inexperience.

Mid laners
You have a question mark next to Yi asking for his viability. Yet he's more viable than Tristana, Teemo, Fiddlesticks and possibly Talon.

Top Laners
You question marked Teemo. Top is pretty much the only lane where he IS potentially a "solid" pick as far as I know. Yet you listed him almost everywhere else confidently.
You also question marked Poppy with supports. Now, Poppy used to be played bot with an AD, but most AD's nowadays can't really deal with that. Also, since SpamHappy succesfully made and carried himself with a top lane Poppy setup, people have been playing her more and more as a top laner.

Supports
You question marked Poppy, but confidently listed a couple of other champions who aren't good supports (Mundo and Cho'Gath.) Kayle isn't played often either anymore as support, but rather as top laner.

Note that I'm not trying to insult you with this, but just giving you some insight if I can :/.

As for deciding which role to take up: I'd really, REALLY advise you to just pick whatever you like. Especially till you learn the game well. Honestly, people freak out over picks and counterpicks and bans and metaplay, but the truth is that most players know pretty little about this game. The main reason players make choices as far as I know is "because pro's do it".

As for learning the game: if a player gives you advice or criticises you, I'd advise you to ask them what exactly you're supposedly doing wrong, why they're criticising you or why they're giving you the advice they are giving you. If players can't clarify their advice or criticism, don't even pay attention to it. If they can, then you can evaluate it, and most likely learn from it.