What's with the weird lag/delay when logging into the client?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDamiya View Post
But above and beyond that, I'm involved with the Air Client team as a Technical Analyst, so stuff like this falls squarely into my field of knowledge
Oooo, if you're involved with the client engineers then can you pass along a few issues for me? In no particular order:

1. As noted in the OP, when you log in there's that 5-15 second delay, which if you guys could solve that'd be nice.

2. As noted previously in this thread, when selecting a champion it'll tell you that the champion has already been selected, even though it clearly shows that you have selected the champion (i.e., its portrait appears next to your name). This happens to be almost every game. It doesn't seem to matter what champion I'm selecting.

3. This is kind of a niche issue, but I actually have exact steps to reproduce this one:

A. Join any 5v5 queue (it might work in other queues, but I haven't tested), go through champ select as normal
B. When champ select is about finished and it's about to load the game, alt+tab and start typing something in another open program. For me it's usually google chrome, but I think it can be any other program.
C. Just keep typing away, and as the game loading screen is about to open it should tell you that the program is not responding or has crashed or something like that, and you'll have to kill the process and restart the client and everything.

This issue has annoyed me on numerous occasions. Generally if I'm posting on GD during champ select and need to type a few more lines during the loading, I NEED to make sure I don't type between champ select and when the game starts loading, or it WILL crash and I'll have to manually kill the processes and everything, then I have to relog and reload and everything.

4. Can we please make it so that you can swap the positions of mastery and rune pages, like you can with tabs in browsers?

5. The little settings button in the top right, can you make that settings button appear somewhere during champ select too? Sometimes I really want to mute the champ select music but I can't because the settings button is only accessible outside of champ select.

That's about all for now, thanks for posting here/reading these

Damiya

Technical Analyst

11-25-2012
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R35ur3c710n View Post
Would this bug fall under your jurisdiction then? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post31745051
Yes. I *think* we've got a fix for that coming out with 1.72 but I can't say for sure. I'll look into that on Monday.

Toysoldier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by R35ur3c710n View Post
Would this bug fall under your jurisdiction then? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post31745051
I have had the game lock up like this about 3 times or so that I recall. Once it even persisted after the match was over and I was unable to click anything on the post game screen and was forced to shut down League in the task manager and to relog to do anything.

WarlordAlpha

Recruiter

11-25-2012

Oh, just thought of another one that happened to me earlier (got a ton of detail so you can reproduce possibly):

6. Was in a normal dominion game (not sure if its dominion specific, but it's there) and I was hovering over ziggs' champion icon when someone on the enemy team (summoner 2?) queuedodged. We exited the queue normally but ziggs' big picture was stuck on the right side of my screen. It didn't go away until we re-queued and I hovered over someone else's character portrait.

KittensGotClaws

11-25-2012

I have never been able to get into the game lobby....

it always says "There was an error loading this page"

And, yes, I did try to fix by reinstalling.

Oh, I can also play the game fine....just can't get into the game lobby.

Toysoldier

11-25-2012

Client also gets unresponsive when a player declines a match making queue. When a player doesn't accept it takes quite a bit before I can do anything with the client. It is also annoying that while waiting for all to accept it locks up the client. I can understand it doing it to keep people from going in to their runes and trying to change them as a game starts to avoid issue, but we should still be able to access chats.

Toysoldier

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittensGotClaws View Post
I have never been able to get into the game lobby....

it always says "There was an error loading this page"

And, yes, I did try to fix by reinstalling.

Oh, I can also play the game fine....just can't get into the game lobby.
What do you do to play a game then? How do you bypass lobbies?

Queso Queen

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDamiya View Post
Correct, this is the lack of feedback issue I was mentioning in my post

This is definitely a behavior I'd like to see quashed, but it's super inconsistent and very hard to reproduce (and accordingly, hard to solve).
Inconsistent? Um...log into my account then because nearly every game I have does it. as soon as I que into the champ select nearly every time I instapick (not instalock mind u) a champion it lags then does the whole champ already selected box (obviously...i selected it, der).

Vishnu

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post
Oh, just thought of another one that happened to me earlier (got a ton of detail so you can reproduce possibly):

6. Was in a normal dominion game (not sure if its dominion specific, but it's there) and I was hovering over ziggs' champion icon when someone on the enemy team (summoner 2?) queuedodged. We exited the queue normally but ziggs' big picture was stuck on the right side of my screen. It didn't go away until we re-queued and I hovered over someone else's character portrait.
I get that problem in SR draft mode when someone dodges.

Toysoldier

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsong22 View Post
Inconsistent? Um...log into my account then because nearly every game I have does it. as soon as I que into the champ select nearly every time I instapick (not instalock mind u) a champion it lags then does the whole champ already selected box (obviously...i selected it, der).
The issues are based on our computers not the account. It happens to me even if on a second account.