Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You don't want anyone buying Sword of the Divine, do you?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blah12321blah

11-22-2012

Still, no longer restting on assists make it scream for killsteal and other flame-inducing behaviours. I can't possibly see what good can come out of this change.

CellularAutomata

11-22-2012

It means its only going to have its active used to score kills.

Tony Mõntana

11-22-2012

no... it will cause flame such as "wtf why did you steal that kill now my sotd will have 60 seconds thx to you gtfo noob"

I really don't understand why it should only lower cd on kills, every other mechanic has assists included.

namora

11-22-2012

Quote:
xFr0sty:
no... it will cause flame such as "wtf why did you steal that kill now my sotd will have 60 seconds thx to you gtfo noob"

I really don't understand why it should only lower cd on kills, every other mechanic has assists included.

Not every other mechanic has that included. But I do agree that it's rather annoying at best.

Still...SotD + normal offtank build on darius = passive's stacked, burst damage from crits + W and Ult for the kill...

I see SotD fitting the niche on champions that don't build crit(or shouldn't), but can build a significant amount of damage or synergies well with it. examples would be talon, riven, Olaf, Rengar, Kha'zix, Warwick, Volibear, Jayce etc.
In s2 you saw a lot of top's and jungles building high damage items with crit like I.E(at least in blind/draft and low ranked) when it didn't quite fit the playstyle or role needed. Items like I.E and PD have always been for Adc's who need sustained high damage and build more to obtain a consistent ammount of critical damage, as compared to champions who do most of their damage in a burst and only need it to be consistent for a couple seconds.

Also take note that it also gives 100% AS for 4 seconds which makes it a great tower killer if you decide to use it for that.

There's still problems with it having CDR only for kills, and it being 60 seconds, but it's still an item I plan on getting on a lot of top champions because now I can build tanky dps + SotD instead of glass cannon to tanky high dps.

xkhazixmaster18

11-22-2012

SotD is a clear choice for AD casters, but by having a minute long CD it just turned in to a second ultimate rather than a long CD item.

THEMathKid98

11-22-2012

Some how I see this as a badly done ghostblade copy that is usable for ranged champions.

Cha0sniper

11-22-2012

It's an AD assassin item, stop building it on your damn carries then complaining that it sucks. It's supposed to, it's bad for anyone who wants to build crit and AS!

Majinken

11-22-2012

Just remove the goddamn thing.

Dare Evans

11-22-2012

It's pretty bad now. I thought the 60% attack speed and extra damage every fourth hit was cool, with the armor pen active (which could have been something else). Old Sword Of The Divine was my favorite.

ReluctantFantasy

11-22-2012

I wonder how many people actually bought this item after the patch.. with the current stats its not worth it and will be the next tiamat/cloak and dagger but if it had passives like

Sotd cooldown reduced for each autoattack/single target spells or something that would actually make it usable it would be nice