Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You don't want anyone buying Sword of the Divine, do you?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soiyeruda

11-22-2012

- Cooldown increased from 25 to 60 seconds
- Only gives half of the full cooldown back if you score a kill. (So to use it more than once in a fight, you need to score 2 kills)
- It's essentially an active-only item, as you lose the 45% AS when it goes on cd
- Combine cost was increased from the initial

It was already sort of a niche item. Now, I can only see it working on a few specific champions, such as Rengar.

AlienFromBeyond

11-22-2012

The change to only refreshing the cooldown on kills instead of kills and assists is what's going to really kill it. Far too easy for some other person to sneak the kill right under you. Especially if Darius is on your team.

Hidden Dragon

11-22-2012

It was already niche with its 25 second cooldown and losing all stats upon cooldown. Zephyr or IE were better than or equal to it for any situation.

Garen and Xin Zhao were honestly one of the few champions that saw a clear cut advantage to using SotD over the other choices and Xin only because of a bug.

Now it's no contest. This is going to become another Cloak & Dagger - just another item that no one will ever buy.

Artiburd

11-22-2012

Quote:
Nevara:
It was already niche with its 25 second cooldown and losing all stats upon cooldown. Stattik Shiv or IE were arguably better than it in every way.

Actually, it was REALLY good at that point, when built alongside IE.

Now it's just useless. After the first nerf, it was just subpar.

Talamare

11-22-2012

Just remove it!

You are creating something insanely overpowered and trying to balance it by giving it massive downfaults

THIS IS BAD DESIGN

This is no different than creating a champion whos ultimate says - unlimited range, 10 min cooldown, kill target champion

Its OP in that it auto kills someone, its terrible in that it can only be used once every 10 minutes... This and what you are trying to do with SoTD is the exact same thing

ITS BAD DESIGN

namora

11-22-2012

Just gonna say I used it last game as Eternum Nocturne...excuse me if it sounds inappropriate or unfitting to character but...RAPE! It's still really strong and if you get it during the laning phase, it has a perfectly timed cooldown once you get that kill. Kill lane partner...wait 30 seconds...he's back...repeat.

Still got a niche baby

Dalrix

11-22-2012

I've gotta disagree with everything in this post because SoTD is still an awesome item. When you buy it you don't need to pick up crit. IE+BT+LW+SoTD= 3 hit squishees and any other person with less than 100 armor. Also early game that 3 hit crit is very strong in bot lane. The cooldown is annoying but it makes perfect sense because before you could use 1-3 times per fight. Its niche but IMO as long as no drastic changes come out for it, it wont become a cloak and dagger.

Tony Mõntana

11-22-2012

It has less use in a teamfight now it only reduce cooldown on champion kills.

I feel that part of it is huge... I wanted it nerfed but not to this extent, it's like they want it only on a ADC which is not suppose to be how it is.

Dalrix

11-22-2012

Its still viable on melee carries because of their high base damage. This allows them to get kills early with it to get money later on. Its mainly only useful on assassins and ADC.

TheBadOne

11-22-2012

Yeah still helps score killls >.<