Zilean: Why don't more people use him

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wizard33

11-21-2012

I'm noticing more and more how unappreciated Zilean. I find that his powers and lore are actually quite interesting and with his passive Heightened learning you level up faster and depending on who he is traveling with a champ with with low defenses you can use his ultimate Chronos Shift to resurrect the deceased and continue the fight however it gives relatively low amount of health back so I would recommend it only for running but useful nonetheless.

His other abilities I'm sorry to say isn't as useful for combat other than his Time Bombs however you can use this more often by using his second ability Rewind that decreases his cool-down time.It would seem that his abilities revolve around either running away or slowing someone down. Take his Time Warp for instance it speeds allies down or slows enemies down. Now that I think about it I see how people don't like him.

I think he could have been designed better. If you think about someone who controls time don't you think that person would maybe age a person or make you younger but I guess that would be too similar to Nasus so I'll over look it. Now his Time Bombs I guess its a bit clever but its a bit too normal.But Rewind needs to be changed and I think I know how.

Instead of reducing cool-down time it gives back health equal to the health you lost up to 800 hp. If it gave all the health back he'd be broken beyond belief. Please comment and say how you'd improve him.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

You do realize Rewind also rewinds his ultimate right?

Juggernoob

11-21-2012

I think he is great as an AP mid too...not terribly good, but a fun change of pace and one who can really pack a punch

as Desolator

11-22-2012

when i go adc my friend is starting to zilean when he gets so lvl 6 i never die

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-22-2012

cuz no boobs

also zilean does keep himself young... He's older than he looks

Teamius2041

11-22-2012

Zilean brings speed other than heal or CC compared to other supports. His passive is great, but if the enemy team can keep the fight up or focus Zil, than his passive is useless. His time bomb is strong but the timer takes a while to do the damage allowing the enemies to keep fighting.

His ult is great to use when someone gets caught out of position and if you build AP the heal is quite a bit.

The problem is that he either aids one team mate or slows one opponenent with his E, making his role of support kind of limited. If you play him a mage instead, not sure but probably have more potential than support.

GurkenMAN

11-22-2012

Not so incredible scale on q.
Hes strong early to mid but then falls off hard damagewise. Also he kinda consumes much mana.

Only good for ulti later in the game. His slow/speed does very little compared to other abilites new champs got- everone got slows but with addiditonal damage^^
Hes very situational id say. Only one damage ability (OK-usable twice with rewind) is not much for a mage.

As support his early harass is nice, but also counterable by sustain supps who sometimes also come with hard cc (taric...Sona with ult).

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

i play him pretty often and the main problems i see with him is that
he's mana hungry as hell and you need max cdr asap to make good use of him, this makes it so not only do you have to spend a majority of early game gold into mana you also need to buy cdr items on him otherwise he becomes kinda awkward to play and doing that lowers your early damage and in turn your laning phase. Since instead of just going for standard ROA into deathcap you need to get cdr as well.

PsychoB0b

11-22-2012

Weeeeell, Zilean can be amazing. Only problem is, some carries dont do well with him. his slow/speedup is useful on slow people like maokai, kog'maw or others. But...well, its pretty useless to have him with an ezreal or corki.

He's not bad really, ive stomped with him in a game while laning with a volibear.

IS1330ca164c1e976181edd

11-22-2012

I might be mistaken, but IMHO one big problem is he dies extremly quickly pre 6. If you get a single CC by the enemy supp during your Q harassment you are done for. And actually, aside from the harass the only really good spell is his ult, IMHO.