Is Rammus still okay to play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZelLowGPA

11-21-2012

Since the last nerf on Rammus no one played him. So i would like to know is he still viable to play? And is it as good as it use to be?

ZelLowGPA

11-21-2012

Bump

Plasmafrog

11-21-2012

Personally, Hecarim does everything better now.

- Can go fast
- AoE damage
- Spammable primary
- Freakin' awesome ult that throws multiple horses at your enemy, causing them to flee from your magnificence

Barknuts

11-21-2012

Rammus is supposed to be a uber good ad tank and he just doesnt feel that way anymore. He feels very weak at the moment and he lacks a lot where others have better abilities now... i dont see him played much and there is a reason for that i believe

Togekiss24

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmafrog View Post
Personally, Hecarim does everything better now.

- Can go fast
- AoE damage
- Spammable primary
- Freakin' awesome ult that throws multiple horses at your enemy, causing them to flee from your magnificence
Except Hecarim isn't a tank and his AOE's damage is pretty inferior to Rammus'.

Rammus indeed feels a little bit weaker since his nerf, especially early game. Not to mention he is a little less reliable than most of the common jungle tanks nowadays. His powerball (his knockup and slow) can be blocked by the minion wave, his taunt is short range and easily avoided by a flash, and for his passive to work he needs those items. As a Rammus player myself (being one of my favorite champs since day 1 of League) you really can't afford to screw up with him otherwise you will never get to your glory stages at mid/late, if you are jungling.

That being sad, I don't think he really fits anywhere but the jungle, as his laning capabilities are bad. I'd say he's kind of in the same spot as Galio being that situational counter-play champ, only against a team full of AD, but no one is that stupid at high levels.

Jungleicorn

11-22-2012

And you guys are missing one important thing! Hecarim doesn't spin to win!!!

Enough said.

But seriously I think that Hecarim is a way better choice, even though he isn't as tanky, but don't let that mean don't even play Rammus, if you like him play him. It is a game after all it is meant to be fun!

ChaosIsOrder

11-22-2012

Well, other than the fact that he is obnoxiously fun to play, most people would rather face a Darius than someone with 500+ Armor and Magic Res, and he's probably the best turret diver on the game, no.

Amatzikahni

11-22-2012

I still play Rammus. His ganks are just as powerful as they've ever been, and his lategame anti-AD still works just as well as it did a year ago. The only difference is that his scaling for midgame is quite bad, so you will be behind items unless you get lots of kills/assists.

King o Karp

11-22-2012

Before I say anything, I'll just say I never got to experience Rammus prior to the nerf.

That being said, I love Rammus. Either as a jungler, or Support Bot lane. Thornmail + W tears apart AD carries, especially ones that attack super fast. I tore apart a Tristana by simply taunting and autoattacking. She was taking more damage than she was dealing.

Rammus as a jungler requires a lot of thought, since Jungling really, REALLY requires you to coordinate. His ganks really rely on his taunt. Powerball in, flash past any minions, taunt, and pray that the other champs wail on your target.

I recently got a Quadra kill, simply by existing. I was in bot lane, had four people on me, and I was making a mad dash for the turret. If I powerballed, then I wound up getting stopped anyway. So, I kept on moving, but I used my W, used my taunt on the support, popped my ult. Ult (DoT), W(Damage % of what's taken), Thornmail(30% of all Basic Attacks) plus my Sunfire cape, and enemies focusing me at low health, had me escape that fight with 20 health left, and a Quadra kill by existing.

Rammus is strong as ever, but he's more dependent on items, and is easily countered by hard-hitting AP.

TeknoWizard

11-22-2012

I pretty much only run him against Vaynes, and some Kog'Maws. His early game jungling is as weak as ever, but he still retains the amazing single target lock down that he's always had.