Balancing and Expanding support potential - Introduction of a new stat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagee Prime View Post
Its not late. This is the perfect time to try out new things. We are currently in the off season.
it was 1 am lol

Sagee Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
it was 1 am lol
I meant to say its not to late too make changes like this and it was like 9 or 10 PM when i was posting.

BbMinah

11-23-2012

Bump

RadiantPyrophore

11-24-2012

I'm all in favor, but it might have to wait until season 4 outside of test servers.... this would be a pretty darn big shift, and it might make champions with knocks (uninterruptable CC) overpowered as well as champions with untargetability moves and spell shields just because those are the only counters to knocks.

If we could get a summoner spell that provided, say, a 3 second long spell shield (stopping one spell only) to go along with it, that would be pretty amazing... but... could you imagine Vayne with spell shield and cleanse? ><.

Sagee Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPyrophore View Post
I'm all in favor, but it might have to wait until season 4 outside of test servers.... this would be a pretty darn big shift, and it might make champions with knocks (uninterruptable CC) overpowered as well as champions with untargetability moves and spell shields just because those are the only counters to knocks.

If we could get a summoner spell that provided, say, a 3 second long spell shield (stopping one spell only) to go along with it, that would be pretty amazing... but... could you imagine Vayne with spell shield and cleanse? ><.

Seems like you didn't read too much into it. I don't blame you since it is a huge wall. Anyway there are limits on what most CC's can receive from Utility Power and the most beneficial of these CC's would have small reductions. Additionally unreduceable CC's like knockups and knockbacks would recieve 0 benefit from Utility Power. A good rule of thumb is if tenacity works on it then Utility Power works on it but if Tenacity doesn't work on it then Utility Power will not either.

Lastly Utility Power is aimed at items that almost no one would want other than support class champions. There are a few items that malphite could pick up or other tanky initiators but almost all of these items are aura support items. The effects of these items were reduced to make way for Utility Power Scaling and they no longer stack like they used to so the item is only going to be good on a support stacking Utility Power. If a malphite built this he would lose out on a tone of damage he could have gotten from AP and heavy armor items.

Kiss The Wounded

11-25-2012

Quote:
Farseer’s Staff:
Builds From philosophers stone + Kindle Gem + Cloth Armor + Null magic Mantle
+15 Utility Power+300 hp +10% CDR +30 Armor +30 Magic Resist +15 hp regen per 5 + 5 mana regen per 5
Unique Active: Clairvoyance
I would have to say, out of everything in the original post, this would be the one thing I say needs to be in the game. I love Clairvoyance, but its very difficult to justify taking it (as a summoner) unless you know the enemy team plans on invading, or vice versa. Having Clairvoyance over Exhaust or - in the case of some supports who lack 'direct' supporting abilities, i.e. Blitzcrank, - Heal can lead to a major disadvantage against direct confrontation without jungler assistance, if the other support brought a more aggressive summoner choice. If they can put 'promote' into an item, via Banner of Command*, I see no reason why they shouldn't add this item into the still limited support item roster.

(SPOILER)
Quote:
Banner of Command
•Siege Mage Item
•Recipe: Blasting Wand + Emblem of Valor
•Unique Aura: Grants health regeneration to nearby allies
•Unique Aura: Grants % damage to nearby minions.
•Active: Promotes a nearby siege minion to a super minion. You get all the gold from this minion's kills - 120 second cooldown.
*The active does not appear to heal the siege minion as the summoner spell does.

Sagee Prime

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss The Wounded View Post
I would have to say, out of everything in the original post, this would be the one thing I say needs to be in the game. I love Clairvoyance, but its very difficult to justify taking it (as a summoner) unless you know the enemy team plans on invading, or vice versa. Having Clairvoyance over Exhaust or - in the case of some supports who lack 'direct' supporting abilities, i.e. Blitzcrank, - Heal can lead to a major disadvantage against direct confrontation without jungler assistance, if the other support brought a more aggressive summoner choice. If they can put 'promote' into an item, via Banner of Command*, I see no reason why they shouldn't add this item into the still limited support item roster.

(SPOILER)

*The active does not appear to heal the siege minion as the summoner spell does.
Yeah I think allot of summoner spells, especially support oriented spells, should have an item based version.

Autocthon

11-25-2012

Excessive overcomplication

Sagee Prime

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocthon View Post
Excessive overcomplication
care to explain?

Autocthon

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagee Prime View Post
care to explain?
We don't need more stats is the basic point.